New (Game) from the TA(and Co.) Developers

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by supremevoid, December 20, 2012.

1. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

The success of the Republique kickstarter was largely because the dev team added the PC and Mac support to their game halfway and push their pledgers to spread that fact out, there's no way Chris could do anything similar.
  2. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Looks like they also replaced their initial KS video with a better one right before the last big push.
  3. movra

movra Member

4. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

I feel, GPG really doesn't give their best to make many updates, that is one of the bigger problems, I think. Like someone said, Chris agreed that a video updates is much better than responding to questions, but I don't think, it's so much better that you can ignore the questions. It's better to respond to the most people and write them into a list, implement them into the next Update and FAQ to make sure that the next people have their question answered without beeing confused.

When I compare how many video updates GODUS made, I'm impressed. They did one video update hardly every day, that is much. I know GODUS has/d a more 'difficult' Image than Wildman, because of their Project Creators, but still it is better to push more into the campaign and keep the contact, the time is limited.

Currently it really looks bad with so many wasted days. This project is one of these get 60% before final push and you make it, because there are sure many people who pressed the notification button instead the backer one, imo

After I saw the picture of the dinosaurs as 'faction' (I believe they are) I really got more excited about it (, yes dinos make anything better lol).

BTW: It reminds me to the boardgame: Dinosaurs by Das Schwarze Auge
    http://www.necros-vault.de/dsadino01.JPG
  5. Spooky

Spooky Member

Just found that as well. Really interesting stuff :).
  6. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

This interview is absolutely awesome. Damn... Chris Taylor is a really good guy. It is a shame what's happening to GPG.
  7. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

8. paprototype

paprototype Member

I feel sad I do not have a credit card.
    If the kickstarter is going to make it then ill send some cash using paypall.
    I would like to see GPG survive this.
  9. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

I found the last two answers in this Forbes interview quite interesting:
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/20 ... -campaign/
  10. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

Well darn. Guess I'm supporting this thing.
    I'm not too crazy about the game, but I've spent money on games I've never played before. I don't particularly agree with some of Chris's viewpoints on his recent games either, but at least he (and the rest of GPG) generally try to do unique and interesting things. I don't know what it was like to work for GPG, but enough of what CT said strikes me as the truth, and that's the kind of company/people that I wish there were more of, not just in the gaming industry, but in the software industry in general.
    My little contribution is unlikely to be of any help, but . . . what can you do.
  11. xfreezy

xfreezy Member

12. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

I find it strange that they kickstart the Wildman while they have something others that's certainly more attractive for the Kickstarter audience.
    Last edited: January 29, 2013
  13. HeadClot

HeadClot Member

I think that they are using Wildman as a tech demo of sorts for the Project Mercury platform. However do not quote me on it.

Also Upvote this reddit - http://redd.it/17houx

I personally want to use these tools!
  14. Yourtime

Yourtime Member

Well at least I think the pledges come faster now than before.
  15. Bhaal

Bhaal Active Member

Do you really think they will reach the kickstarter goal?

They will not get near 1,100,000 but they will just pledge their own money to get to 1,100,000

I still think its all their fault. They try to kickstart a game there is no room for.
    Especially after almost all their fans put money on PA this was never going to work.
  16. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I don't think that they will support it themselves like that:

src:
    http://kotaku.com/5979532/chris-taylor- ... ickstarter

But yes, wildman is a pretty hard project for a kickstarter, but GPG has its back to a wall, they cannot just make up something new now.
  17. Bhaal

Bhaal Active Member

At the start of the kickstarter two people already pledged a high amount of 33k to boost the impression of popularity. I dont think a real backer would do that.
    Thats why the kicktrack goal first was a lot higher.
  18. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Any kickstarter from a well known company will jump up in the beginning. That's normal.
    PA had like 10 Million $ on kicktraq's projection after the first day.
    Or where you there in the first minute of the kickstarter to see 2 backers and 33k$?
    That would be quite a timing.
  19. Bhaal

Bhaal Active Member

No but I was there early and saw it.
  20. ultramarine777

ultramarine777 Member

Seeing all these interviews and videos about Chris Taylor, Wildman, and GPG just show me the clarity of the brutality and complications of the Game Industry. It's so ruthless. Very worrying.
    Last edited: January 30, 2013