New (Game) from the TA(and Co.) Developers

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by supremevoid, December 20, 2012.

1. supremevoid

supremevoid Member

I found this today on my Game news platform Gamefront:
    http://projectw.gaspowered.com/
    Its a countdown for a new game by the designers of TA,SupCom and Dungeon Siege.
    Maybe TA 2 how knows.
    This would be realy great overhaul

Discuss Time!
    Last edited: December 20, 2012
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Re: New Game from the TA(and Co.) Developers!!!

No Guarantee it's a game.

And based on the last countdown time GPG had, I'm not letting my hopes get high and this should be in Unrelated Discussion.

Mike
  3. supremevoid

supremevoid Member

Well,maybe but if it would be cool.
    If its only a nice Wallpaper about the games from them of the past, it would show that they still like these games and maybe they are thinking about a sequel.
  4. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

I'm somewhat apprehensive, considering that a lot of the key talent behind those games is now working on TA, but I guess that shouldn't really mean too much. There's plenty of talent in the industry, and I'm sure CT has something creative up his sleeve.

That said, if it don't run on Linux, I'm not interested. :cool:
  5. KNight

Please explain you're thought process;

30 Day Count Down timer --> Wallpaper --> Game Sequel????

Cause that is just ridiculous.

Also worth reading the reaction on the GPGNet Forum(which it wasn't posted to BTW, it was dug up by a forum member)

Mike
  6. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

GPG is or was definitely working on a secret project... if it is "Wild" or not, we will see in less than a month. I highly doubt though that it would be another RTS game... again we will see in less than a month.
    For GPG, I really hope it is something nice and well done and a success.

It also could be a smartphone game? CT always talked about companies reaching millions of players via Smartphones or Facebook... maybe it is something completely different than what GPG fans would expect.
  7. daemonicknight

daemonicknight New Member

Kings and castles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (but probably not :D)
  8. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Haha, would be cool though... but I doubt it too. lol
  9. Causeless

Causeless Member

Well, it's a countdown that specifically mentions it's from the designers of several games. It's not unreasonable to assume - *gasp* that a game designer is revealing a game!

Also, I'm just a bit curious... why do you always sign your posts? We don't need a reminder of who said what at the end of your posts.

EDIT:

I'm putting my bet on it being the game mentioned here: http://soriandev.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09 ... -long.html
    Last edited: December 21, 2012
  10. KNight

For the people that get annoyed by it.

Mike
  11. nightnord

nightnord New Member

Eh? Well, funny that they didn't mentioned SupCom 2, Space Siege and Demigod.

But how exactly Dungeon Siege related to TA and SupCom? And what is that weird background?

Well, it doesn't look like TA2 or SupCom3, more like sequel to TA: Kingdoms. Or their marketing all messed up.

It's just for blind people who didn't notice that huge signature. You should respect the blind people.
  12. elexis

elexis Member

What signature?
  13. bbf

bbf New Member

When the site states that the designer behind the next big thing was responsible for those games, all that they are saying is that Chris Taylor is behind it. They probably don't mention Demigod, Space Siege, etc because the sentence would be just too long.

I personally lost my trust in CT, since he always has been good in creating hype, and not always being able to deliver what he promises. I also know some people that said that he is someone really difficult to work with. That in the industry is not something that you wanna be famous for, unless your are a ******* genious. I believe that most of his fame came from the work of the dedicated people that he had on his team, and not just because he is really that good.
  14. Hydrofoil

Hydrofoil Member

But...... most of the guys who made TA and SupCom are working on PA o_O
  15. bbf

bbf New Member

See that there's no letter "S", so designer, not designers. Also ".. and the team at GPG", so, this doesn't imply that the current team has worked on any of those previous games.

Also, usually you have one "designer" in a game. The rest are artists, programmers and so on. Not many games have more then one designer... take Battlefield 3 for example. You had one designer for singleplayer (campaign), and another for MP.
  16. magicide1

magicide1 Member

I'm not getting my hopes up too much. I'm just guessing but if the coming announcement was going to be something incredible, Sorian probably would have stayed on to be part of it. I really hope they prove me wrong but GPG hasn't had the greatest track record in the last few years other than Sup Com.
  17. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

Sorian said it is too early for GPG to announce the project he had been working on, so it is likely to be another game.
  18. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

19. Causeless

Causeless Member

I think only 2 of the people who worked on TA/Supcom are actually part of Uber Ent - a bit away from "most".
  20. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

CT is a great designer only when he doesn't try to make the game casual friendly, so hope this game is at least hardcore-ish.