New Building - Base Core

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by xanoxis, February 6, 2015.

1. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Do you have those moments when your base was attacked, they destroyed your defence, some factories, pgens, mexes, but youre mostly ok? How cool would it be to have unit that spares you all the micro you need to do to rebuild and does that for you?

Base Core, ladies and gentlemen!

By taking "The Hive", Cybrian Engineering Station from classic Forged Alliance and changing it to fit PA style, I got idea for Base Core.

Most important points:
    - it does NOT assist factories, nukes, antinukes, unit cannon etc. Important part of PA is that assisting is less effective than more factories. We DON'T want spam of Hives like in FAF to build fast units, exp, nukes.
    - it has fixed radius, works only there.
    - one Base Core can fix another if in radius. You can create web of Base Cores that fix eachother in case of partially successful invasion.
    - it has build rate of t2 engineer (I assume it will be T2 building). Builds one by one, not all at once.
    - I would love it to use wreckage to start building from 25-50% health, but this is an optional idea.

It would reduce micro aspect of PA a little and make people choose what to attack in base sometimes if game goes long enough to have t2.

What you all think?
    raphamart and warrenkc like this.
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Patrolling fabricators throughout your base does similar. =P
  3. drboggles

drboggles Active Member

I don't agree with this just due to the fact that I feel like you should be punished for not defending your base properly. If you want to repair the damage done, you should be forced to rebuild it yourself, because it WAS a failure on your part to not defend it.
  4. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

I am assuming it could be balanced with such low hp that it's really easy to destroy - and thus it would only make sense to build after your base is destroyed. I am assuming that if you can go in and build this structure, you successfully repelled the attack - but lost a part of your base. In this case, yes, I'd like to see this structure in the game - for automation in rebuilding a part of your base - not to repair buildings as they are being destroyed. Since it can only rebuild buildings one at a time, it'll be less efficient than a group of fabbers, and just as expensive, but you can focus your attention elsewhere. Which brings me to necro bots, which I'd also like to see :^)
  5. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

well your idea is a repair station more or less (and rebuilt). It's similar to a combat fabber, only stationary with assumably a bigger range. I like it. It should either repair quite slowly or only repair buildings. Another idea is it can repair multiple units/buildings at once, quite slowly.

otherwise you could spam them and repair all kind of defense much too quick.
  6. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

I think it should be a "necro station" - it can only rebuild destroyed units & buildings, at the speed of 3 T2 fabbers and at the price of 9.
    xanoxis likes this.
  7. silenceoftheclams

silenceoftheclams Active Member

I actually kinda like this idea! I think this would be a really good way of allowing players to focus on controlling armies and attacking, and while you'd want to be careful to make sure that it didn't make raiding pointless or not worth the effort, there are lots of ways you could balance it. Why not?
  8. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Thats mostly what I want, building that rebuild your base if Base Core was not destroyed in attack. Maybe it only rebuild, no repair, for no OP turrets.