Neutral Walls

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mredge73, April 28, 2014.

1. mredge73

mredge73 Active Member

Can walls be treated as wreckage or neutral?
    When giving an area attack or attack move command, I don't want my units targeting walls.
    I want them targeting units that are shooting back. Walls in TA did not have a team color associated with them so units walked around them targeting units instead, unless you specifically told them to attack the walls. I would also want to be able to take advantage of my opponents walls; set up a proxy base on top of his old base using the same barricades that survived my attack.
  2. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Good idea!! But it might be anoying if somebody build a lot of walls and you have to click every wall if you want to destroy them ;)
  3. SolitaryCheese

SolitaryCheese Post Master General

How about simply excluding them from area target commands, unless there are no other targets?
    Attalward, DalekDan, corteks and 3 others like this.
  4. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I agree with this.

And area patrol.

Its annoying when I set an area patrol/attack with my gunships and they focus down on the walls rather than the missile defense towers that are shooting at them.
    corteks and FSN1977 like this.
  5. mredge73

mredge73 Active Member

Area reclaim would clean them up, it would give combat fabbers something to do.
    corteks and Remy561 like this.
  6. dusanak

dusanak Member

Isn't it possible to just give them the lowest possible targeting priority? So that the walls are the last thing that is aimed at?
  7. mredge73

mredge73 Active Member

Would it be the same problem?
    Mobile artillery wouldn't move in closer as long as there are walls within its range of fire.
    But I really need them targeting structures in the center of the base; where I placed the move attack command.
    I don't want to micro them; they need to attack targets at their longest range just ignore walls as targets completely. I don't even care to see walls on the radar. Walls are otherwise unaffected, they still block shots and function as obstacles; like a pile of dead vanguards.
  8. doomrater

doomrater Active Member

Here's the thing about treating walls as neutral- what about reclaiming your own walls?
  9. Nothinglessness

Nothinglessness Member

Plus gives you metal when reclaiming, sort of like an emergency metal stock already in solid form
  10. fissure

fissure Member

You want walls to be neutral? Fine, but give me Siege Walls in return! You know what I'm talking about ;) Huge walls that can pretty much take a nuke in the face, but that you can't have turrets shoot over.
  11. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Or prioritize them in an area or patrol command, i like this idea