Nerf T1 and T2 radar, and make T1 radar T0.

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by squishypon3, November 23, 2014.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I'd like the older values for radar, I can't remember them at the moment, but basically just a smidge further than the pelters range for the basic and just a smidge longer for the advanced compared to the holkins.

After which you should give the comm back the capability to build it. :p
    Last edited: November 23, 2014
    snierke likes this.
  2. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

That last one - no. Radar shouldn't be easily accessible right out the gate, or I'd build it first instead of a factory. (yes, I am that paranoid).

But the other points? Yeah buddy. Nerf it. I've been experimenting with the Community UberBalance, and 450 seems to be a good value for the T1 radar, with 1000-1200 with a high cost for the T2 radar.
  3. squishypon3

But that'd cost you energy right off the bat. People didn't build radar right off the bat in TA. :p
    mered4 likes this.
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Im not sure what you mean by 'that easily accessible' when basic engineers some how not including commanders can build them.

Unless you are already in knife fighting range, that shouldn't be as much of a concern.
  5. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Personally I disagree as I really like the larger radius of T1 radar. It makes intel manageable for lesser players on small maps and is just useful enough on large maps. It wouldn't seem as large if we generally played on larger maps. I think radar is in a good place right now with the range available from t1-t3 (orbital with vision). I'm sure the more leet players will disagree though.
    Last edited: November 25, 2014
    zaphodx and LmalukoBR like this.
  6. squishypon3

It makes intel easy, you just build one and yay, no more building radars. It's just boring in my opinion, Intel not supposed to be easy. :p
  7. philoscience

Yeah but you have what like, over 9 thousand hours playing? As a filthy casual I found the buff to radar to be one of the single biggest boons to being able to play the game well. But it will always be a tradeoff in how you optimise the game, i'm just pointing this out, not saying you are wrong.
  8. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

http://pa-db.com/
  9. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

I usually play on larger maps and the radar seems fine, i think thats the problem: for FFAs and team games it's the ideal size, but i can see that for 1v1 on smaller planets it can be too big of a radius. So i guess it depends on the types of maps and game types you are playing.

Can i suggest a compromise then: make a small range T0 radar relatively cheap (with the range u suggested), make t1 radar a bit more expensive and keep it the way it is. This would have similar mechanics as t0 and t1 towers and it would make intel gathering on bigger maps still viable.
  10. squishypon3

I only have 750 (About that, 100 of those were not recorded, since I used the launcher, so 650 recorded give or take) :D

Also I haven't played competitively since early beta due to moving to America and losing any kind of decent internet. :(
  11. philoscience

We shouldn't derail but did you seriously say you "only" have 750 hours?? Woo boy, perspective.
  12. squishypon3

Hehe, I'd have at least 1000+ if I had never lost my decent Internet. :)
  13. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Is wonderful, but niether fun nor interesting. It's a 'fire and forget' mechanic. Build it and your done. Maybe a second one to cover the other side better. I'd rather have them be less effective rangewise. Could result in manouvers that go for radars, and defending radars. I like easy, but I like fun more.

Edit: why does android 4.4.4 forget how to English? 4.4.3 didn't get EVERY comma wrong.
    Last edited: December 6, 2014
    Geers and squishypon3 like this.
  14. daddydbrain

daddydbrain New Member

You know, if Uber changed the old radar, they probably weren't happy with how it was working or too much people were complaining about it. If just enough people complain about the current one, it will probably get changend too.

I still think they could experiment a little with its functionality and mechanics, like always showing it on the map for your oponent, but I am also happy with its current use in the game :)