Needs to be some kind of seniority for picking a new host.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Jackbandanna, November 17, 2014.

1. Jackbandanna

Jackbandanna Active Member

I find the way PA picks the next host to be a bit crazy. I was in one lobby that the host was afk for a long time, and then eventually left. Leaving the reigns of host to the guy who joined just moments earlier. Me and another guy left that lobby out of frustration to join another lobby. In the new lobby, with it nearly full, the host left leaving reigns to the guy I had just saw in the other lobby.

Needs to be some kind of seniority for picking a new host.
    Planktum and SXX like this.
  2. earth75

earth75 Member

Ok so, if I understood you well, you want the server to grant ownership to the player who spent the longest time in the lobby when the owner leaves, right?
    That'd be nice.
    websterx01 and Planktum like this.
  3. Jackbandanna

Jackbandanna Active Member

Something like that. It's just a little frustrating when I invest 5-10 minutes waiting in a lobby and then have it taken over by someone who just joined moments earlier. Who then goes about changing the game mode and system size, against everyone's wishes.
  4. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

@jables I agree with this. It's a bit silly not to chose the players who have been in it the longest.
  5. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

I guess a simple afk-icon showing someones was inactive for 5+ minutes would help a lot?