Need help for modding Galactic War please.

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by ripperx69, May 21, 2015.

1. ripperx69

ripperx69 New Member

I would like to disable nukes and advanced orbital defenses. I have no idea how I would do that or change anything in GW. I have looked and looked and can not find out anything about how to mod GW. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. zx0

zx0 Well-Known Member

Never modded GW myself, but you need to look at files at \Planetary Annihilation\stable\media\ui\main\game\galactic_war\cards .
  3. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Cards affect what a player has. Enemy AI have the full roster. To affect everyone you would essentially turn a server mod into a client mod (just remember to turn it off when going to multiplayer) The most obvious place to start would be media\pa\units\unit_list.json I'm not sure what would happen if a card tried to turn on a removed unit; you could test with something in the starting loadout; if it's a problem cards would need to be adjusted as well.
  4. ripperx69

ripperx69 New Member

I should have made myself a bit more clear. I do in fact want to remove Nukes and Advanced Orbital Defenses from GW so the AI can not use them. I did not think that modding this game would look so daunting. I am really afraid of mucking something up. Is there a modding guide I am not aware of? Something along the lines of what I want to do?
  5. ripperx69

ripperx69 New Member

I figured it out. Now to figure out how I can add units from PAMM into GW.
    DeathByDenim likes this.