Naval orbital transfer : Soon™ in our reality.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by superouman, February 16, 2015.

1. superouman

superouman Post Master General

2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Now add enthusiastic devs talking about totally over the top targets and you have a pretty decent Kickstarter trailer for a submarine on titan simulation game.
    mjshorty, philoscience and superouman like this.
  3. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Too bad it's all liquid methane [​IMG]

They should send something to Europa to look for life. 2 mile thick ice on the top, but since the core is hot, there is likely life under the surface.
  4. verybad

verybad Active Member

Likely is a bit of a big word. Now everyone would be overwhelmed at the discovery of extraterrestrial life, but I've not seen any scientists involved or interested in that bit of property use the word "Likely."
    bengeocth and theseeker2 like this.
  5. comham

comham Active Member

The europa mission is a long, long time coming. Presumably they want to practise impossibly distant robot subs on a world less likely to have life first before possibly contaminating the only other precious jewel in this system with [possible] life.
  6. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

contaminating? we ought to be exporting as much life as we possibly can within our solar system
  7. jomiz

jomiz Active Member

When I did (mis)read title of that new I thought it was about titanic.
  8. LeadfootSlim

LeadfootSlim Well-Known Member

As much as I love NASA, for the purposes of gameplay balance a naval teleporter would work better... If there's any confusion that needs to be avoided, making teleporters built on water square-shaped to avoid confusion with the round land teleporters.

On the other hand, nothing says "fun" like dropping a battleship from orbit...
  9. frostsatir

frostsatir Active Member

One more fantasy by NASA. Soon in 2710... I don't want see this in PA anyway.
  10. blightedmythos

blightedmythos Active Member

Actually methane based lifeforms are a possibility according to many scientists. We may very well find life in those oceans.
  11. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

12. comham

comham Active Member

Alien life [on europa] is the holy grail of scientific discoveries, it would be the most significant material discovery so far in history, it would define this century. Therefore we need to be completely sure it's not something we introduced from Earth.

We need to export life in the form of human colonies, definitely. But planetary protection is very important
    optimi likes this.
  13. mastermufin

mastermufin New Member

Personally, I'm a bit more "hype" for Mars One, but that's just my opinion.
    cdrkf likes this.
  14. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I can't really see it happening if I'm honest, but kudos to them for optimism... You never know, if they pull it off they may *finally* have found something positive in reality TV, and about time too, I'm sure it's the #1 cause of premature onset of a wide range of crippling neurological disorders :p