Nanospray

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by Siigari, June 5, 2013.

1. Siigari

Siigari Member

Heya. Saw a gameplay video that featured nanospray. Just wondering if the concept of the nanolathe is going to spray past objects similar to TA? It felt more like buildings were being painted in TA. Maybe it's just what I saw in the video but the spray graphic only seemed to reach out so far.

Thanks!
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

It's just cosmetic.

Nanospraying is nanolathing, just with a name-change.
  3. Siigari

Siigari Member

It was always nanospray. I'm talking about the visible effect. It doesn't seem to encompass whatever is being built.
  4. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Still early days yet.

Really no point in passing judgement on the art style, or the effects at this point in time. Some units aren't textured. We don't even have access to the alpha yet.
  5. mancora

mancora Member

Yes it still the early days. Yet I could that as more of a reason to make suggestions like this to give input before a lot of work is done on something and changing it results in a good deal of lost work.

That said I think I may like the look of it sloppily dowsing everything in the area.
  6. numptyscrub

numptyscrub Member

The nano-garden-hose effect :cool:

Tech 2 builders as nano-fire-trucks ;)
  7. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

An effect on the ground showing green drips and puddles appearing and fading (like blood on some fighting games), would be a small yet nice touch.

Making the effect even more advanced, you could have streaks through the same puddle effect, with an active "flowing torwards" effect on the structure. Looks like the same drips and puddles, instead of fading over and over, except just fading faster and you can see streaks and streams flowing torwards the structure.