Naming strategies

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by Organous, October 30, 2010.

1. Organous

Organous Member

The Sniper's supposed to always be talking about strategies by name that the other characters just don't recognize. Well, I think it actually would be alright to have proper names for certain strategies/tactics that are more commonplace. Unfortunately, I have neither the time nor the creativity to think of many right now. So far, I've been able to think of these:

Ammo Mule
    Hellgate: Supports make firebases just between the opposing bridges and the ramps to the dome, or else place them under the bridges themselves. (You're turning their doors into gateways to Hell.)
    Ice Road: Traps placed on the outermost lanes, allowing the Sniper to pick off players trying to get around Hellgate firebases. (Just as you don't want to be too close to the side of the road in icy conditions, ice traps discourage players from using the sides to attack.)
    Gradius: Firebase just inside the door to the dome, establishes strong control over the Annihilator. (Protecting the core from attack.)

Steel Peel
    Anal Hamster: Firebase in the side entrance, making a safer point of attack for all players to either enter or (figuratively) snipe at turrets. Also forces players to use the two main entrances. (You're putting something very uncomfortable up their rear, allowing for more unpleasant things to get through.)
    Akbar Pad: Using a firebase and/or Sniper with his trap, lock down players from realistically using their base's jump pad. (It's a trap!)
    Solicitor/Paparazzi: Firebase or Gunner deployed at the center tower, taking out bots and players quickly from the main entrances. A firebase under both bridges would also work. (You can't even get out your front door without being assaulted by those pricks.)

Yes, there is a common theme here. These are about setting things in place, because I'm not really familiar enough with more mobile strategies to put names to them.
  2. Fox

Fox New Member

Good idea, but I don't think saying "Their setting up an anal hamster" would let other people know what's going on, at least without having to explain it in regular terms.
  3. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

wooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww...................

i have seen all these tactics, and i shall now remember this terminology to refer to them.
  4. Organous

Organous Member

If they never heard it before, sure. That's why I'd like some names put out there. The practical application is to communicate a complex thought with simple phrases, improving constructive communication and leadership. Contributions are definitely welcome.
  5. No-Blood

No-Blood New Member

Zerg, Zerg, Baby: The entire team rolls Assassin and juice rushes the moneyball.
  6. Organous

Organous Member

I don't know how much of a joke that is, but the contribution is appreciated regardless.
  7. ForeverZero

ForeverZero New Member

I want to play a support now just so I can give the other team an anal hamster.

I am pretty sure this makes me a bad person. :evil:
  8. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

The NBA Team. All Assaults with one gunner(tall white player, or coach)
    The Fat Kids and their nerdy friend. All Gunners/tanks with one support
  9. Organous

Organous Member

I think the point is being missed here. You're just naming lineups.
  10. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

no, sounds like those are stradegies to me.

but i think a variation of fat kids with a nerdy friend, is nerdy kids with a fat friend (5 supports and 1 gunner lmao)

should just call that line-up stradegy "turtle soup" lmao.
  11. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

I named offensive strategies, while the OP named his defensive turret strats. GG.

And you can't call the Gunner fat.. He's hawaiin