My smurf account works but my main does not... eek!

Discussion in 'Support!' started by violetania, June 3, 2015.

1. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

Hai!

So I have 2 accounts that i normally use. My smurf account which i play ranked on is fine but my main account.... i can't get it to work if i remove all the moves restart my computer or OMG!
    Main account is VioletAnia, smurf I changed to Korosu<3 for the sake of this post and streaming.... like i have to stream with my smurf instead of my main.
    Okay i just realised i still haven't' stated the problem- I can join games, i can't make games. At all. I've tried launching it from bother Steam and Uber launcher.

If you guys could pretty pretty please let me know how to fix this i would be grateful. Thanks <3

Regards,
    Violet

P.s. My main account was at one point called Korosu<3 as well but that was ages ago haha >.<
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Could you post a PA log? That may have some clues as to why it won't let you make games. Though it's really odd as you can join games. That should be the exact same authentication mechanism.

The PA logs live here:
    Windows: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\log
    On a typical install %LOCALAPPDATA% will be C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local
    OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/log
    Linux: ~/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/log

Just delete the ones already there and then start PA and try to create a game. When you get the error, close PA and upload the resulting log file here.
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Heh... I think it's divine punishment for @violetania being a dirty smurf :p Just cause elodea and clopse do it doesn't make it something you should copy!
    xankar likes this.
  4. violetania

EXCUSE YOU!!!!! The only reason i have a smurf account is so i can play ranked without my whole stream seeing my rank. I don't play rank on multiple accounts, i just prefer it to be private, sue me!
    cdrkf likes this.
  5. cdrkf

haha.... Its ok, I understand smurfania ;) seriously though why does someone knowing your rank matter? you worried you'll put people off playing you if they think your too good or?
    xankar likes this.
  6. violetania

I'm embarrassed by how **** i am. >.>
  7. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Well, why do you use the name cdrkf on the internet instead of your real name :p. Some people just want to play anonymously. Nothing wrong with it.

@violetania
    Did you turn off capslock? Did you try delete appdata?

What exactly is wrong? You try launch through steam and it doesn't login or something? Password recovery? lol
  8. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

but why can't you create games? Does the create button not work/not do anything???

gotta give some details mang
  9. violetania

When i create a game- i get stuck on the starting game screen and it doesn't go anywhere, and when i try to join a game, it doesn't work, i can't spectate it either.
    Is it because i tried to make maps on my main accounts because that's the only difference between the accounts >.<
  10. cdrkf

Your good and you know it :p Also I hope you got I was teasing :)
    violetania likes this.
  11. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Try without either launcher. Launch directly, and log in via the mask in the main menu.

Also, as usual, deactivate all mods. Especially PAStats, who knows what that thing is storing locally.

Oh, and did I mention to get rid of "AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\localstore" ? Coherent likes to store its stuff in there, and so do effectively all PA mods which are trying to persist something. Unfortunately this also includes keybindings, but foremost I'm worried about sessions / user names.
    violetania likes this.
  12. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Deactivating a mod does not clean anything a mod has stored in localstorage.
    Also PA Stats stores a bunch of keys, nothing that would effect anything really.
    It however does have a somewhat experimental help function in the settings that rewrites all engine requests towards playfab onto jquery ajax, circumventing some bugs in the native webservice code.

@violetania your issues are directly matching with what that feature is supposed to fix (or break if it does not work, however I have it enabled since month and it works flawlessly for me), so maybe you have that settings (Settings > PA Stats > enable ubernet ajax (or similar, forget the exact words) active on one account and not active on the other?

Don't delete it, copy it away instead. If it does not help you can copy it back to not lose your settings.
    If it helps there is the chance of analyzing why it fails with that knowledge and maybe find a bug to squash somewhere.

Another thing to consider is that using many accounts will result in some conflicts of data in the local storage. PA does manage most of its own settings per user, but many mods do not and I think even PA does not completely cleanly separate things. When using multiple accounts I'd strongly recommend using a link to pa like this:
    PA.exe --localstorageurl "alternativefoldername"

This will make it use the folder AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\alternativefoldername for the coherent settings. That way you can clearly separete the files, preventing weird things from happening.
    (worst case: you run PA twice with 2 different accounts both by default write into the SAME localstorage config file in parallel. Chaos ensured...)
    violetania likes this.
  13. n00n

n00n Active Member

My guess would be that the issue is caused by PA#4068. Try waiting a minute after logging in & then see if all works fine. If that's the case, see mikeyh's mod mentioned in the bug report.
    violetania likes this.