My poor, poor wallet

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Zelandia, September 6, 2010.

1. Zelandia

Zelandia New Member

Why do so many awesome games have to come out around the same time?

Scratch that, I know why, I just hate how this year there are so many of them I actually want.

Dead Rising 2 is just around the corner, then Fallout New Vegas, Fable 3, and Black Ops.

Honorer-able Mentions: Spiderman: Shattered Dimentions and Force Unleashed 2.

Yeah, I didn't list Halo: Reach cause I have no interest what-so-ever in buying it. But in any case list the games you're so looking forward before the end of the year!
  2. ChrisMikeRack

ChrisMikeRack New Member

Gonna be getting Dead Rising 2, apart from that most of my time is going to be taken up with Fifa 11, and 'hopefuly' black ops. I say hopefuly as its looking quite fun! After the lag/yawn fest that was MW2
  3. D3C3P7AKONZ

D3C3P7AKONZ New Member

Mafia2 was quite good glad i got it...but a tad short i feel it was missing a bit

But cant wait for Fallout NV and Black Op's i'll wait and see with fable3 Pete has lied once im sure he will again
  4. Vike113

Vike113 New Member

I'll be buying Halo: Reach if I have time, and maybe MoH and CoD:BO. And then there's MNC DLC and BF:BC2 Vietnam.
  5. Styli

Styli New Member

I have points kept for that... Let's hope it's not too long a wait.

Yeah, it's not gonna be a cheap autumn/winter.

I've pre-ordered Halo: Reach Limited Edition, I could have waited a few months if I was just going to get the standard edition but wanted the LE.

I'll also be getting FIFA 11 and Rock Band 3, maybe the keyboard version but not the pro-guitar. I already have 6 real guitars, I don't need a fake one.

Apart from those, nothing else takes my fancy. I don't really want any more shooters until I'm done with what I have, Halo excluded, I've yet to even start the single player of MW2 and I'm only at the start of COD:WAW. I've to finish Fallout 3 yet, so it's unlikely I'll be getting New Vegas either. I'd love to get Fable 3 but I don't think I'd have time to play it.

Too many games, too little time.

The first half of 2011 is looking even more interesting and pocket emptying games-wise... Portal 2, Crysis 2, Test Drive Unlimited 2, Brink, Gears Of War 3, Marvel Vs Capcom 3 - all penned to come out before July.
  6. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

Buying the Legendary Edition of Halo: Reach in a week. Well picking it up anyway.
    Fable 3 next month, getting the collectors edition of that.
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood in November.. not sure about the legendary for that one.
    Probably a few others i'm overlooking, but those are my top 3.
  7. Vike113

Vike113 New Member

While we're talking about other games, am I the only one that thought Mass Effect 2 was... boring?
  8. Styli

Styli New Member

Blasphemy!

I didn't find it boring. I thought it was, and is, one of the best games of this generation of consoles. There's very few game universes as detailed and "real" as it. Then again, I am a complete Mass Effect fan... What's its equivalent of a Trekkie?

I've read the "Revelation" and "Ascension" novels twice each, I read the comic book series "Redemption". Loved them all. I have the third novel, "Retribution" on order. Shamefully, I even bought the iPhone game - Mass Effect: Galaxy - just for the story.

Oh, yeah, and I have a real "N7" hoodie. Luckily, most people in the real world don't know what N7 is.

So yeah, maybe I'm not the best person to say why you may have found it boring :oops:
  9. D3C3P7AKONZ

D3C3P7AKONZ New Member

nope it was very dull...I didnt like the new weapons loadout style's or anything about it really,i couldnt even handle finishing it

But the 1st mass effect was brilliant i loved that game i dunno what the hell went wrong with #2
  10. Quazikill

Quazikill New Member

The 1st one turned you into the ultimate-badass with all this power to push people around and the 2nd one felt like you didn't have much of a choice over any situation. That's what I got out of it. The first one also had a lot of conversation involvement...the 2nd one felt like they were trying to much to get u in combat 24/7.
  11. D3C3P7AKONZ

D3C3P7AKONZ New Member

pretty crappy combat @ that...drop shield warp hold and blow em away.. rinse, lather, repeat
  12. ChrisMikeRack

ChrisMikeRack New Member

I realy enjoyed both :) Im sure theres bits I could pick from each and say I prefed but overall both very good games.

Reallly looking forward to DA 2 aswell
  13. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

I havent finished ME2, yet. Finishing up AC2 (AMAZING!) before I tackle that one.

In terms of game releases:

Two Worlds 2 (10-5)
    Castlevania (10-5)
    Arcania: Gothic IV (10-12)
    Fallout: New Vegas (10-19)
    Force Unleashed 2 (10-26)
    Rock Band 3 (10-26)
    Fable 3 (10-26)
    COD: Black Ops (11-9)
    AC Brotherhood (11-16)

Personally, I think Two Worlds 2 is going to be the sleeper hit of the year. The game has already been placed in the Guinness Book of World Records for crying out loud! Most Spells in a video game (tops 1mil+ the last I heard.)
  14. ChrisMikeRack

ChrisMikeRack New Member

Interesting. Hows that done? using some kind of oblivion style spell creation for different combinations and effects? or have they actualy made the 1 mill plus spells as standard?

I actualy quite enjoyed the first one. I think i was one of the 7 people in the world who managed to get online co-op to work.
  15. Zelandia

Zelandia New Member

Well, after Two Worlds 1 I guess you can't get any worse.

New Castlevania game though? I'll have to look into that one.
  16. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

The Castlevania one has been described as "God of War" in the Castlevania universe. There is exploring, leveling up (in a sense), different weapons, and MASSIVE enemies.

As for the Two Worlds 2 spell system, its based on cards. I've read articles where people have had some hands on and here's some of the spells they've used:

A fireball shoots out (Fireball Spell) then splits into other fireballs (multiply spell) and when those fireballs hit they explode into a swarm of bees (Swarm spell) and when the bees die, they explode into skeletons that fight for you (skeleton spell).

Obviously, the spell names are made up by me, but thats an actual spell in the game. You have a certain # of spell slots and depending on the card you place in it, you will get different effects. I've heard of arrows that get shot, only to explode into an acid cloud, which then freezes enemies in place.

SO much potential with this ... and at 40+ hours including side-quests, I think I might buy it. The first one wasnt BAD, but was grossly overshadowed by Oblivion.