My friendlist does not seem to be working

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Remy561, April 28, 2014.

1. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Yesterday I invited my friends to the friend list, they accepted it and I appeared in their friendlist. But they did not appear in my friend list. I also do not seem to get notifications when they invite me to their friends list.
    Does anybody know what could be wrong?
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I've ended up with the same issue when I was trying to make PA Stats work with the invite feature. Suddenly it just does not work at all anymore, I can't add my 2 accounts to be friends with each other, even after disabling all mods nothing changed. Did not see any obvious cause.
  3. tyrelionprime

tyrelionprime New Member

Same issue here

After the release of the latest patch I send a few friend invites out, yet my friend did not receive any notification until 20 minutes later.
    He then accepted the friend request, yet again nothing happened. Even a day later we still were not on each other's friendlists.
    I send him a couple of invites that day, again nothing. The next day when I logged on, suddenly all was fine and we were listed in each other friends list.
    The only glitch now is that we are both always showing as online. Even though we quit the game.

edit: ok, today I am playing a team game with my friend, he is online, joins the lobby of my game and is stated as offline in my friendlist while he confirms he has his status set to "online"
    Last edited: April 29, 2014
  4. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Friends list definitely seems to be a bit buggered, tried to add an existing friend last night while we were both online, with no success.
  5. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Seems to show everyone online for me as well, unless manually set offline.
    SXX likes this.
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

At least I know why it's show you as online all the time. :D
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  7. cola_colin

So I made a mistake and the broken handling of friend request is the fault of PA Stats after all :(
    However even when I disable all my mods I get a bunch of pretty bad issues that made me believe mods were not the cause of the broken friend requests (also the error in PA Stats is a typo that does not log any js error message because the code of PA around it is a try catch):

1.) Quite often after starting PA it logs this: "Strophe failed to authenticate." When I then try to chat it logs the xml messages but they do not get through.
    2.) If I press F5 in the uberbar scene that auth error can go away after a few tries. However it then will fail to send messages because connection.connected is false. If I modify the code to ignore that false chatting works.

I've not been able to start 2 instances of PA that both correctly connect directly so far. Took me like 5 tries
    Testing without any mods.
  8. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Now we know who to blame!!!! :mad:

Has it been fixed now? Or soon? ;)
  9. cola_colin

It has been fixed. But as I said even now it won't always work because it just is not very stable in general. Not my fault now.
    Remy561 likes this.
  10. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

The UberBar has some bugs... (and a few missing features). These have mostly been fixed and will probably go out soon.
    Remy561 and cola_colin like this.