Must Every Thread Be Turned into the Complaint Department on Balance?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by eratosthenes, October 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eratosthenes

eratosthenes Active Member

Seriously. No. Seriously.

If anyone wants to complain about how X should be in the game or how Y would provide better balance, post it here. I'm not talking about a new member with old ideas or current members with fresh ideas. I'm talking about the same stuff that people HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE to bring up in e-v-e-r-y s-i-n-g-l-e t-h-r-e-a-d. Guys... come on. Please. Seriously. I can't open on thread and expect to read a discussion about the OP or participate in a discussion about anything because 2 post in it's all about someone's pet desire. PLLLLEASE!

Thank you for your cooperation.
  2. eratosthenes

eratosthenes Active Member

Example:

This thread shouldn't be about clogging and derailing threads, it should be a discussion about what I think balance means.

See? That's what you don't do when the thread isn't about balance.
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Yes.

We demand equality for grenadiers! Uber please end your policy of discriminating against grenadiers. #equalityforgrenadiers2014
  4. masterofroflness

masterofroflness Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    mered4, tatsujb, ArchieBuld and 4 others like this.
  5. naphid

naphid New Member

Lets just make the other units less op. Share your thoughts on grenadier balance below.
  6. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Grenadiers are underpowered. They need a buff.

Dox are OP. They need a nerf.

The Commander has OP regen and crappy storage. Nerf Regen, Increase storage without making it OP.

T2 is OP. It needs a cost adjustment.

Orbital is boring. It needs diversity and more depth.

Super-weapons are gimmicks. They need a cost decrease to make them useful again.

After all that, you need to make naval superior to land forces so ponds actually are useful again.

You do all these things, and gameplay becomes varied and interesting. Awesome, right?

@title:

Yes. We do. Because Uber hasn't DONE anything about it. I deeply appreciate @jables insight on the matter, but there still has been no visible progress. None.

And I went beyond complaining - I demonstrated. Walked the walk, so to speak. Hell, I'm still walking it. Now the ball is in their court.

I want a home run. I expect a single.
    Last edited: October 29, 2014
    CryFisch, ace63 and fredegar1 like this.
  7. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

Dox?
  8. LmalukoBR

^this(not sure about T2 and superweapons) + @cola_colins changes in energy + the mod to make units less popcorny + naval overhaul + reduce the cost of the combat fabber
  9. mered4

Forgot naval. Edited to include.

And I'm honestly not sure about colin's mod. I still think we need a better unit balance than this dox crap to fix the eco side of things.

EDIT: Hell, I did everything except the full overhaul of naval and the popcorny stuff in my mod - and I like it :D

But I'm not here to advertise the mod. I'm here to explain what's majorly screwed up with balance.
  10. LmalukoBR

11. LmalukoBR

Have you tried playing with the mod that increases units health(less popcorny)? It seems like your cup of tea, Mered. Battles last longer = more time to make decisions:). Try it, i think u will like it too;). Maybe even implement the changes in your mod:p.
  12. mered4

I believe I let brian try it for me.

His rundown was that it (at first) worked quite well, but you ran into issues with bases being super tanky and such.

It was interesting. I'm still undecided.

I might give it a shot sometime. I'd like to stick with focusing on fixing the current balance before adjusting things that may require a complete overhaul of T1 balance.
  13. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

You guys should totally play RCBM. It simultaneously fixes all balance problems, solves world hunger and cures Ebola.
  14. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

I just came here for the free balance tips and popcorn, thanks
    mered4 and cwarner7264 like this.
  15. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

You don't fix something by entirely replacing every part of it.
  16. LeadfootSlim

LeadfootSlim Well-Known Member

You guys are doing exactly what this thread is complaining about...

In answer to your question, I suppose the answer is that we have nothing else to do. Coupled with the uncertainty of whether or not we'll get balance changes in the near future (likely not, ranked will come first so they can "have more data"), there's an underlying fear that our current efforts haven't been paid attention to, because nothing's resulted of them yet.

Nevermind the fact that Jables confirmed they're taking a look at dox and naval balance.
  17. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Balance is an integral portion of the game. It gets brought up because it's a component of just about everything. You can't talk about some topics without talking about balance as well.

Balance is also very important right now because there's so many issues about it.

And Uber doesn't seem to put effort into fixing a certain thing until the community complains a lot for a long time about something. I don't think the community would bring up Balance as much if Uber was more on the ball.
    mered4 likes this.
  18. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Tell that to my plumber.
  19. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

If every part is broken you do...
    stuart98 likes this.
  20. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

Hey, take that back. We did keep some of the models...
    stuart98 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.