Music; Friend or Foe?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by ApplePython, March 30, 2011.

1. ApplePython

ApplePython New Member

Just out of curiousity, does anyone listen to music while they play MNC? If so, which kind? I've always enjoyed having it just to help me get in the zone. I've heard some people saying that it was just too distracting and takes their concentration from the game. Any thoughts?
  2. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

3. ExT Insanity

ExT Insanity New Member

I typically listen to slow or soft music to prevent raging...works wonders.
  4. NataVonDoom

NataVonDoom New Member

If I listen to anything it has to have no lyrics and be turned down very low, otherwise I find myself not paying attention to the game so much.. and I need all the focus I can get. :(
  5. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

6. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

If I'm playing with friends I'm usually always talking or communicating for the game. If I'm by myself I'll maybe play something from my iPod usually some dubstep, drum and bass, that kind of thing, something fast paced. Never headphones, I like to wake up my neighbors.
  7. ApplePython

ApplePython New Member

Well, for any trance fans here, try this when you play. It's quite great.
  8. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

I prefer to listen to some Slim Shady mostly his music from 2003 and years before and some HOV
  9. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

No music when I play. A lot of that is because I have to turn it up pretty loud to hear it over my headset, which in turn means that my party can usually hear it. Plus it distracts me.
  10. arbac

arbac Member

No music for me. I'm almost always in a party chatting away. Plus - the music makes it so I can't hear the assassins coming as easily. Which makes it so I can't turn around and wreck em. TURN YOUR CLOAK OFF EARLIER YOU SILLY NO ARMOR WEARING ASSASSINS. Come on now.
  11. imfinity

imfinity New Member

12. ExT Insanity

ExT Insanity New Member

Wow, surprised that the majority of you do not listen to music while playing...I can't play without it. Just any kind of music will get me in the groove of things but without it I can't seem to function.

And

LOL
  13. Dagoth Wit

Dagoth Wit New Member

14. KemicalEnigma

KemicalEnigma New Member

Madvillain <3333
  15. Metallic Rage

Metallic Rage New Member

I like instrumentals if i'm playing a game. Bonobo and Amon Tobin are a couple musicians i like to alot(for instrumentals). Load up pandora or last.fm, type in one of these names and just go about my day with some good ambient music.

If you don't like music without lyrics, then you won't like these guys.

Try out:

Bonobo - Black Sands, Kiara, Kong
    Amon Tobin - Day Trip!
    Sparklehorse Danger Mouse - Dark Night of the soul(album name and song).

Just some personal opinions. I like most music, and this stuff always puts me in a good mood and keeps me from raging(so i'll play the game longer)
  16. Patch

Patch New Member

You wear overpriced headphones that happen to be made by Voyetra Turtle Beach.

Hawke's Bay (Karachi), St. Lawrence Bay (Barbados), and South Frigate Bay (St. Kitts) are turtle beaches.
  17. Dagoth Wit

Dagoth Wit New Member

Amon Tobin's soundtrack for Chaos Theory is perfect for when you want to play assassin.
  18. DonnyD

DonnyD New Member

I usually listen to the dulcet tones of Barry Manilow whilst popping head shots. A little Coppacabana really gets my juices flowing.
  19. Metallic Rage

Metallic Rage New Member

Amon Tobin is just awesome. His soundtrack for Splinter Cell is awesome. Heh one reason i associate that music with being sneaky-ish. Love it.
  20. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

I can never hear music i use astro's.