Music Commander

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by KarottenRambo, August 21, 2012.

1. KarottenRambo

KarottenRambo Member

For those of you who didn't recognise Howard Mostrom, he also made the Soundtracks of Demigod and Supreme Commander 2.

Since he sadly doesn't want to go with Du-du-du-du-dubstep, I hope he doesn't make the music sound familiar with supcom2. Not that I wouldn't like the supcom2 soundtrack, it's one of the few things that aren't bad in supcom2, but Planetary Annihilation seem to be set in a much darker scenario. Humanity is (or close to) extinct and only self replicating automated robots are left, fighting against each other in eternity without a particular reason.
  2. JWest

JWest Active Member

I love Demigod's soundtrack. Honestly Demigod was a fantastic game, I wish it hadn't gone down so quick...
  3. luukdeman111

luukdeman111 Member

Yep, I'm a huge fan of his music... To me that was the only real good thing about Supcom 2.... i think Jeremy Soule is a bit overrated. I mean, his music for TA was brilliant but he made a lot of music for other games that didn't really have a lasting impression for me.....

So I think a lot of people in de KS comments section are just being a bit dickish about wanting Jeremy Soule back because Howard Mostrom really amazed me with his supcom 2 music.
  4. JWest

JWest Active Member

I don't think they're trying to be rude, they just want Jeremy back because he did the music for TA, and PA is the new spiritual successor - just as Supreme Commander was, and GPG had Jeremy do the music for that game as well.
  5. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

:cry:
  6. chronoblip

chronoblip Member

I think that if they set up the music such that if the user wanted to substitute their own, that would be pretty cool.

This was possible with OTA if you just had the right setup...the game would just look at a track number or title and play whatever was there. You could even customize the "category" for the music like "Build", "Combat", etc. Would allow for the music to remain dynamic even with custom stuff.

Kinda like the custom radio options on the GTA games. Could have some Skream or liquid dubstep for a building session, then drop in some Bassnectar or other heavier wubs for the combat stuff.
  7. redarrow7216

redarrow7216 Member

My heart started pounding when I heard the narrator from TA. I feel a little sad this game introduces dubstep and is not using Jeremy Soule so I'm praying there will be an option to turn down the volume.

BUT DAMN IM ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT THIS GAME
  8. luukdeman111

luukdeman111 Member

I think you completely misunderstood the video.... The dubstep part was a joke mate!
  9. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

It might just be a ruse, maybe the bass will be dropped on a planetary scale. Has anybody ever seen this so-called “Howard” “Mostrom” in the same room as Skrillex? That beard looks awfully like a jokeshop disguise to me.
  10. yinwaru

yinwaru New Member

Hey, that's something I didn't think about. Will there be custom soundtrack support? There should be custom soundtrack support. I'll make a topic.