Multiplayer mode: Defend against waves of enemies

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by galaxy366, August 30, 2012.

1. galaxy366

galaxy366 Member

Standard modes will be your normal RTS affair but I thought about the idea of having a game mode in which 4 players max (well depends of course) have to fight off waves of never ending waves which will get tougher and longer lasting.

I haven't really thought about the details, whether to have 1 planet to defend or just a section of the planet while enemies land on the other side.

What do you guys think about this game mode :?:
  2. zidonuke

zidonuke Member

Something for a future mod :p
  3. megrubergusta

megrubergusta New Member

The basic idea sounds funny. I can't say more because i need further information ;)

Today there was someone else with an idea close to yours.

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=35249
    Last edited: August 30, 2012
  4. felipec

felipec Active Member

This.
  5. christopher1006

christopher1006 Member

Sounds cool, possibly using teleportation pads to move them(the enemy AI) to certain parts of the planet which you're warned about as each preparation round begins?
  6. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

I'd love to see this, but it would need to have a really good AI, or it would get boring really fast. At the very least, it would need a way to submit high scores (or at least see your own) to give it a purpose :D
  7. ghargoil

ghargoil New Member

I'd like to see this either as a mod or as a gamemode -- enemies warp in from another star system or galaxy or whatever, and they send in drop ships to land on your planets.
  8. christopher1006

christopher1006 Member

I'd just get an asteroid bristling with defensive guns and blow the planets so the enemy would have to come directly for me.
  9. pipilek

pipilek New Member

This is good idea x) Tower Defense in TA ;d it will be fun to play with friends
  10. thapear

thapear Member

If they allow map scripting to the same extent as SupCom, this can be done by users. In fact, this was done in a user made map in SupCom.