Mouseover tooltips and path highlighting for units

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by glinkot, August 2, 2013.

1. glinkot

glinkot Active Member

Perhaps these are already on the list, but a few things that would be really handy for large bases and battles:

a) Mouseover tooltip on units (mainly fabbers) that tells you their current queue. Eg
    5 x Vehicle Factory
    1 x Advanced Vehicle Factory
    Assist Building X

Sometimes you see a fabber rolling by and allocate it to go and assist something, then you realise it was halfway through building all your AA.

b) A couple of bits that worked well in Supcom - a glowing path showing you where the unit is headed via its waypoints, that would show up when you mouseover. And a timer for fabbers showing you estimated time to completion for each queued building.

c) A way to cancel queued buildings other than by giving the fabber a new task. Sometimes in a large base, I find I can't place anything because the white 'plans' of a million factories and powergens are everywhere, but the fabber is stuck in a bunch of tanks somewhere and I can't find it. Selecting the white 'outline' and cancelling them would be a way. Or perhaps a 'cancel all queued construction' button.

d) It'd be nice to do things like select a group of units and get a single tooltip (or somewhere in the UI) a bulleted list:
    100 x ant
    52 x spinner

e) Not tooltip related, but a hotkey for creating 'rows' of things (powergens, factories) would be great too. I forget whether it was spring or something, but you could drag a row or grid out, and use z and x to widen/reduce the spacing between them. You could drag out a 5 x 10 grid of powergens in a single gesture.

Finally, it'd be powerful to have the tooltips and general unit stats accessible by modders.

Cheers
  2. vanteo

vanteo New Member

Absolutely agree. Great suggestions!

However this sounds like a polish item. I'd love to see all this but wouldn't expect it until very late Beta.