Mouse in MNC?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Oscar, February 21, 2011.

1. Oscar

Oscar New Member

I just wanted to play the game,and suddenly when I entered the main menu,the clicks didn't work ,but mouse did move,and I can select for ex. 'locker room' and enter it by an enter,not by a click.Help,I want to play.
  2. [Knovocaine]

[Knovocaine] New Member

You probably unbound the mouse button or something lol
  3. Oscar

Oscar New Member

Nope,and I am not stupid,Ekanaut couldn't help me too.
  4. veljack

veljack New Member

I am having the exact same problem, the game loads up fine, but i cannot click on any of the menu buttons.

i can press tab / enter / arrows to try and get through the menu, but obviously, that isn no good if i cant use my mouse in game.

i can move the mouse, but not click.
    when i minimize, my mouse click works on my desktop.
    so i'm not sure how to fix this problem.
  5. corducken

corducken Member

This is a long shot, but do you have any other programs in the background that could potentially steal focus from MNC?
  6. veljack

veljack New Member

i dont think so.

I tend to end alot of my processes for optimum performance..

i've even tried to play with explorer.exe off just to see if that was the case.

my mouse clicks , just wont register with the game.

though it can move.

its a Logitech Mx518.

not sure if anyone else with this mouse may have had this problem.
  7. corducken

corducken Member

I use a Logitech G500. Different mouse, same software and manufactuerer.

I do notice that SetPoint doesn't properly recognize MNC.exe sometimes until I alt+tab out and back in (I play in fullscreen, if it matters). I bind my weapons to mouse wheel left and right for easy access and some skills to the thumb buttons. They don't work at all until I alt+tab out and back in. SetPoint only works its individual profiles when the program has focus if you set it to recognize on an application-to-application basis, and I assume there's some sort of issue since the launcher splash has some oddities to it.

I've imagined you've already attempted this at one point since you minimized, but if you haven't, it's worth a shot.
  8. killien

killien Active Member

SetPoint 4 was good with recognizing which app was in the front, SetPoint 6 is horrible in that department
    For those running a 518 with SetPoint6, roll back to SP4 just because it's the better software(in my opinion at least)

Anyway, G500 here and I had a similar hiccup, fixed it by tabbing out and bringing up the SP6 window(in the taskbar, it's the little Logitech icon if you have that set to appear)
    I've also found that having the "Mouse and Keyboard Settings" running occasionally causes some headaches with detection and profiles
  9. veljack

veljack New Member

am afraid, i have tried all of your suggestions, and still my mouse clicks won't register...

also even hovering over a menu button wont highlight it, if you get me.

i'll try figure something out i suppose.
  10. [Knovocaine]

[Knovocaine] New Member

I actually had this problem happen to me over the weekend. I just reinstalled mnc and it worked for me though
  11. Trail

Trail New Member