Mouse Accel

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Warskull, January 21, 2011.

1. Warskull

Warskull New Member

This absolutely needs a way to turn it off without digging into the config files. Either gives us a way to turn it off in game, or turn it off by default.
  2. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Somehow it's off by default for me, even though I have "enhance precision" turned on in windows..

Mouse SMOOTHING on the other hand is enabled by default, and is terrible. Either add a checkbox or turn it off by default because it is terrible
  3. HandOfCode

HandOfCode New Member

Because this game uses the U3 engine mouse smoothing is on by default. To turn it off you go into your games base directory and then Engine then Config and fine a file called "BaseInput.ini", and then set bEnableMouseSmoothing to false instead of true.
  4. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni

Turning smoothing off by default.
  5. grimbar

grimbar New Member

do the same for accel pretty please
  6. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni

bViewAccelerationEnabled=false is UT specific and doesn't do anything in our game. I'm gonna dig a little more and see what, if any, acceleration we have. I know that some mouse software pass their acceleration into games.

Edit: It looks like the only accelerating we do in MNC is for players with gamepads.
  7. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Grimbar, are you sure you see acceleration? Tested it?

One of my first thoughts when playing was "I wish there was a little acceleration on the mouse". I've tested in-game without messing with any settings, and my view always returns to the same spot for the same physical mouse location regardless of how fast I move it. It also completely ignores my windows mouse sensitivity and the "enhance precision" option.

I'm using a MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0. What do you have?
  8. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

Thanks UberGaf. Appreciate the response and communication. :D
  9. grimbar

grimbar New Member

I know for a fact that there was viewaccel somewhere before update4, ever since then I ran my custom files and they were fine until update6 hit (rectified that already) and trust me my mouse isn't an issue.

Edit: if viewaccel is unique to UT why is it plastered all over
    [HostileGame.HPlayerInputProcessor] just saying
  10. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni

The [HostileGame.HPlayerInputProcessor] DefaultSensitivityConfig does specify a bViewAccelEnabled=TRUE, however this is only respected if the active controller is a gamepad.
  11. grimbar

grimbar New Member

About as respected as my hostileinput after update6? one of your engineers told me to apply the changes to baseinput. I don't have access to the source but some definite numbers would be appreciated (sensitivity formula, whether or not there is 100% no accel, ability to customise accel for people who like to use it) comp gamers sustain on these things, no need to hide numbers; we'll find out anyway so spare each of us the time and deliver pretty please

Also why is zoomsensivity a balance factor? release it from it's evil chains
  12. Providence

Providence New Member

^ Custom zoom sensitivity please!
  13. Takanasi

Takanasi New Member

Talking strictly sniper zoom
    Well if it's not acceleration, then it must be some form of sensitivity scaling. What it FEELS like is as if there was a threshold speed you need to achieve until the game registers anything. If you zoom in with a sniper and then move your mouse really slow and steady, you can keep moving it endlessly without getting any kind of response in the game. Only after you increase the speed at which you move the mouse will it respond.

This is horrible and needs to be fixed. Maybe it's something to do with the way zooming is handled, might wanna check it out.
  14. Kel

Kel New Member

I remember a setting in an .ini a few weeks ago, where I changed something with acceleration and it worked fine for me.