Most Underpowered Class?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by scathis, August 25, 2010.

?

Most Underpowered Class?

1. Assassin

87 vote(s)
    26.5%
  2. Assault

19 vote(s)
    5.8%
  3. Gunner

10 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. Tank

80 vote(s)
    24.4%
  5. Support

18 vote(s)
    5.5%
  6. Sniper

6 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. None, they are fairly well balanced

108 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Ok, lets look at the other side, what is the most underpowered class?
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

In my opinion there is no "underpowered" class.
  3. PhantomPhoton

PhantomPhoton New Member

Support seems a little overpowered with his multiple airstrikes, and sometimes it can be a little frustrating to remove a turret from certain areas... but none of the rest seem underpowered.

I'd limit the airstrike and call it a day personally. Good job balancing the classes overall Uber!
  4. D3C3P7AKONZ

D3C3P7AKONZ New Member

i see no real problem all over with the classes.. as frustrating as they can be,everything can be bested it just takes a bit of thought...and to not run thru the same door 15 times wondering why some sniper keeps picking u off

UBER u guys rule we love u...can i have a free tshirt?

but i would say and i know this will raise eyebrow's probably sniper or assassin cant really think of a reason why.. i just dont like em and find them very weak..

and before any1 says it, YES i know they both have 1 shot kills and i probably just need to get better with them.
  5. Veras Gunn

Veras Gunn New Member

I can't say there is an underpowered class. A good player can do well with whatever class they play, it just comes easier for some classes than others. At the very least the assassin seems the weakest, has the most flaws, but can become incredibly strong in the right hands.
  6. tlbww

tlbww New Member

I would say the AZAZN is underpowered and here's my reasons.

The azazn's play is limited to cloak and 1 single grapple. Exposed in melee range combat is actually to her disadvantage. For a close combat class, she's one of the worst CQC fighters.

This is just my observation. Supports hurtheal gun will wipe her, period. Airstrike just for lols Firebase... she loses. She has a better chance at taking him out from a distance. Smoke bomb is useless on him with the hurt/heal gun.

Gunners slam and minigun along with counter grapples give her a huge disadvantage if she doesn't take advantage to the slow turning ability of gunner (however with gunner jet packs...it really doesn't matter). I really should she would have an advantage here... but sadly unless see smoke bombs him when his slam is used up, she doesn't stand a chance.

The flying/hovering thing goes double for assaults (who can bait AZAZN's with their bomb). Charge lvl 3... shoot charge lvl 2 can level unarmored AZAZN'z.

Tanks with the spin atk and hover plus the jet gun... I doesn't know this match up too well, but I don't think the cards are evenly dealt.

Well what about against the sniper. A full clip or 2 of the smg will drop her. If she's frozen, she's dead. The sniper can create space from her with the flak grenade. Her only out is to cloak and jet (not effective against smg fire) or smoke. I would say the match should be even. Offensively she has the edge in that no more 3 slashes will kill a sniper. Given the slash range, she can be grappled by the sniper. with lvl 2 grapple...she loses. I've played enough duels againsts AZAZN's to know that when they miss grapples, they lose. If they try to slash me to death. I beat feet, trap, and smg it up.

Just by my looking at close range combact match ups...she's not the best. The entirety of fighting up close is to dodge grapples. But it's not all bad. If AZAZN's SMOKE FIRST, they can engage combat and have a huge advantage. Slash away. The jetpack classes have the best counter measure against being blinded followed by the support with the firebase and hurt healgun. I would say a sniper is the most disadvantaged while blinded. At this point it would be, is the sniper protecting himself with traps, flak grenade, and blind smg/grapple fire.

-------

Just my opinion. The AZAZN destroys turrets and bots like a champ and has great mobility and evasion. I don't think she needs to be changed, but against pros...she'd better not miss with that assassination or be spotted.
  7. Cal3e

Cal3e New Member

I rarely post in game forums, but since it seems like you actually read and take user responses, i'll have a go.

The biggest problem to saying which class is OP / Underpowered comes down to player skill. It's somewhat hard to gauge class 'power' when comparing two classes played by vastly different skilled players. My friend thinks the sniper is underpowered because he's just bad at videos games and struggles to aim well. On host, sniper is by far the most OP class in the game provided you can shoot.

I've played all the classes and pub stomped teams with a few friends because we just end up being better players. It's somewhat hard to gauge which classes are underpowered, the best you can do is compare relative skills between classes.

That being said, i'd say the Tank is probably the most underpowered character. His offensive capabilities (as designed) pale compared to the gunner, but in 90% of games they play just about the same role. Product nades are just inferior to the similar items (air strike, c4), and Jet Gun / Rail gun are inferior to minigun / mortar.

Truth is, even if he's designed as a 'defensive' character he struggles to output damage and is an incredibly easy target to destroy given his DPS vs most classes.
  8. Red Rain

Red Rain New Member

only reason said tank is underpowered is because he has no effective mid range attacks and almost every class has a skill that if it lands is a garunteed kill. gunner can slam then shoot tank before he gets close enuff, assault can grapple and shoot, sniper can grapple and shoot or spam freeze traps, support usually sticks a closeby tank with an airstrike, and assassins just die
  9. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

That seems to be the very definition of "underpowered," though, if some aren't as easy as others. Generally the idea of balance is that players of equal skill will perform about average with one another. A good player can make up for glaring flaws in a class, yes, but that doesn't necessarily make the class balanced.

Anyway, I vote assassin.
  10. Veras Gunn

Veras Gunn New Member

I wouldn't say so, just means there's a different learning curve for each class. I'll use TF2 as an example here because the games are similar and it has been around long enough that there's been time for more fine tuned balancing.

In TF2 the soldier is an easy class to learn and get good with. The Spy on the other hand is a difficult class to learn, often leading to many deaths because the player hasn't learned the ins and outs of the class. However, once the player learns the class, and masters it they're a formidable opponent.

That doesn't mean the spy is unbalanced because a person can't be destroying the same amount of people they could as a soldier. The same goes for the assassin and let's say a gunner for example. They play different, and they yield different results depending on the player.
  11. The Reaver

The Reaver New Member

I wouldn't say that a class is underpowered, but I would say that certain classes take more skill to be more effective than other classes. The Sniper, for example, is significantly harder to do well with than the Gunner. However, every class fulfills a separate important role, so in my opinion, every class is balanced.
  12. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

In a way the Sniper and Assassin are both connection based classes. What I mean is that if you have any lag you will miss shots/grapples that should have connected through no fault of your own. If Uber ever improves their net code these classes will become much easier to play.
  13. karr1z4j2

karr1z4j2 New Member

I voted assassin.

The class itself is not underpowered, but any lag makes it nearly impossible to play well.
  14. faits

faits New Member

Man I wish assassin wasn't so underpowered.
  15. UberSoldat 247

UberSoldat 247 New Member

I'd say that the Assassin is the most underpowered due to the fact she has the longest grapple cooldown. Every other class has a grapple/melee attack or skill which can cooldown in about half the time it takes the Assassin. Can we make the cooldown quicker please?
  16. Warskull

Warskull New Member

I can agree with this statement. Small amounts of lag can really make an assassin near impossible to play. The grapple detection really needs to be improved or have a bit more leeway.

I find grapple far more sensitive to lag than shooting, even at longer ranges.
  17. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

A little lag does horrible things to the assassin's reload lunge even before it starts to noticeably mess with grappling
  18. scyfed

scyfed New Member

and the spy is underpowered as well lols. seems like there r too many noobs winging about getting instant killed when the class is already balanced and they have to nerf it to oblivion.
  19. VagaBond007

VagaBond007 New Member

I find it interesting that Assassins are allegedly so underpowered, but there are usually around 2-4 in each game that I play. You'd think it would be less popular if it were so underprivileged.
  20. tlbww

tlbww New Member

Not to derail this conversation, but, you know you've used the internet too much when you start pluralizing "laugh out loud".