Monitor is out or range...

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by DrRayStantz, February 8, 2011.

1. DrRayStantz

DrRayStantz New Member

So I broke down and bought the game before I was able to get ahold of a guest pass. I downloaded it and did the tutorial and played some single player maps.

I decided to try some online matches and played two games before it locked up on the screen between matches. The countdown timer stopped but I was able to pull up the menu and exit to the main menu. I went into the options to check what keys did what and when I tried to go back to the main menu my screen went dark and little blue box shows up and says I am out of the range of my monitor. First off I didn't even change any settings so I don't know why I could play fine before and why it would just randomly do that.

I could hear my mouse moving over things but I couldn't see them, so I was forced to reboot since I couldn't exit or pull up the task manager and now every time I try to even load the game the same blue box shows up and says I'm out of range and I have to reboot. All of this happened with me not changing a single thing, so what do I do?
  2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Please post your system specs and a DxDiag.
  3. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni

Sounds like one way or the other your game changed to a resolution your monitor doesn't like. Do this:
    1) Find your MyDocs\MyGames\UnrealEngine3\HostileGame\Config\HostileEngine.ini file
    2) Open it and change to these values
    resx=1024
    resy=768
    3) Save, close, Launch.

You should be all fixed up.
  4. DrRayStantz

DrRayStantz New Member

Thanks for the response, luckly I had a spare monitor so I hooked that one up and changed the video settings and then hooked up my old monitor and played for a few hours and so far so good!

Although my friend and I now can't seem to find each other when one of us hosts a server so we can try our hand at the infinite waves of the PC. Each time we attempt to join through the steam overlay it says "server not responding" and we can't see the server in the regular server list either :(
  5. Col_Jessep

One of you guys has to forward the ports on his router. I believe it was 7777-7778 UDP and TCP, but better do a search to be sure.
  6. DrRayStantz

DrRayStantz New Member

I saw the sticky post about which ports to open but I'm not very comfortable with that stuff so I have no idea if I'm doing it right or not. I sent a PM to the site advisor about it but they have not responded.

I know how to access my router and get to the port fowarding part but I'm not sure what to put in it. In the application box do I put mnc.exe *32 for every single port I am trying to open? Do I also put all 5 of the things listed in the sticky thread? I see you put the 7777-7780 UDP and TCP but do I also use the 27000 - 27050 for the UDP and TCP as well?
  7. Col_Jessep

I think that's for Steam. If in doubt open those ports too or run a test with your friend. Sorry, never really looked into it. I'm in a university network and I can't access my router.