"Moneyball's holding steady at 50%"

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Flawed, March 8, 2011.

1. Flawed

Flawed New Member

I think they should remove this bit of audio, or at least only play it when the moneyball is actually HOLDING STEADY. First of all, it's horribly confusing for new players. When I first started, I lost a game because I heard this bit of audio and thought "oh good we stopped the attack". Even now I still feel relief for a split second before I realize. It's just strange that they should play an audio clip that implies something so critical to the game, when it doesn't actually apply.

I know it's not a huge deal but it's always bugged me a bit
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

In the bottom left of the screen there is an indicator for each teams Moneyball.

This is what it looks like when the shields are up - [​IMG]

And this is what it looks like when the shields are down - [​IMG]

Also the is a big ray of light shooting into the sky that you can see anywhere on the map, expect for Steel Peel.
  3. Flawed

Flawed New Member

I understand all of that. I just think the audio clip is misleading and confusing especially for new people. The indicators are of part of what makes it ridiculous to me. I mean pit girl is telling me my money ball is "holding steady" as I watch the health melt away. It's silly!
  4. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

You lost the game because you weren't paying attention to your screen, or that giant beam of light? Never assume!
  5. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

How aboout when the ball randomly drops in blitz, does anyone else have this issue?
  6. Flawed

Flawed New Member

I lost because I was NEW to the game. Anyway, the op really wasn't about why I lost the game. I was simply trying to say that it's confusing, silly and unpolished for a clip of audio to tell you that the money ball is "holding steady" when in reality it's being raped.
  7. Randomdude02

Randomdude02 Member

I suppose? What you say is interesting, but not really viable. If that's really a common issue, then, yeah, it might deserve some rethinking.

As it is though, I don't see how putting a different line would change anything when you have a HUD that lets you see:

1. How much health you have, and whether it's taking damage.
    2. Whether the shields are up, down, or going down.

The big, flashing lights, and dropping green bar should be enough for anyone to recognize by their first couple of games. It even has the mascots next to them.
  8. Bezique

Bezique New Member

I agree with Flawed's point. When I was NEW to the game I did not pay due attention to the hud and relied more on the audio commentary. That same message used to confuse me in the same way. This is however a small issue but one that will only affect new players, who are unlikely to have a voice on this forum.
  9. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

I agree with OP, it is a bit silly that the money ball is "holding steady at 50%" while it is still dropping in health.

Another nice audio addon would be somebody telling you to attack their money ball.