Monday Night Combat Title Update, DLC, and PAX Discussion

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Ekanaut, August 30, 2010.

1. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3360&p=37411#p37411

To the Monday Night Combat Community:

First of all, we want to thank you for playing Monday Night Combat and supporting Uber Entertainment. We've been busy fixing bugs, exploits and optimizing based on your feedback on our forums, emails, Facebook, and Twitter. Our first Title Update is being tested right now and then it will be handed off for certification and in your hands as soon as possible. Here's a full list of fixes and changes that will be in the Title Update.

Connectivity and Multiplayer:
    • Reworked the way we handle parties in the pregame lobby to avoid splitting them up.
    • Fixed several issues where host migration would fail immediately.
    • Decreased wait time after a successful host migration.
    • Lobbies will now host migrate and not kick you back to the main menu.
    • If the host leaves during the end of match sequence, the host will migrate and players will return back to the lobby and not the main menu.
    • Optimized the time it takes to migrate hosts, shortening the time to migrate.
    • Improved weapon hit detection in high lag situations.
    • Fixed endorsements being incorrect after a host migration.
    • Fixed getting into private matches without an invite.

General Gameplay:
    • Fixed players being able to damage the Moneyballs shields.
    • Fixed visual effects staying on the player after the effect has worn off.
    • Reduced the amount of increased damage the Moneyball takes in Overtime, thus reducing the effectiveness of Juice rushing.
    • Fixed Ringouts, Headshots and Grapple Kills not giving the proper amount of money.
    • Balanced Ringout money to reflect the change. Message now displays correct total amount of money earned.
    • New You Win!/You Lose! UI for the end of a match.
    • Fixed juice benefits ending early if the player grapples during juice.
    • Fixed juice bar getting stuck full.
    • Fixed deploying on or near active jump pads.
    • Fixed controller sensitivity of 10 not saving.
    • Fixed messaging for kill streaks. Ultra and Uber streaks will now be named properly when popping up above your cursor.
    • Fixed an instance of the players skill pick UI going away unexpectedly.
    • Fixed an issue with bots walking by enemy turrets and bots without engaging them.
    • Fixed upgrading a turret that has been hacked to the opposing team.
    • Fixed turret collision not going away after being destroyed.
    • Normalized time between a grapple miss and the ability to grapple again for all grapples. The biggest change is the Assassin not having as big of a penalty for a missed grapple.
    • Fixed the "Team Leader" and "Team Player" highlights from being reversed.
    • Fixed players being able to mute themselves.
    • Fixed idle kicking when standing still but still looking around and/or shooting.
    • Fixed players who cheat and hack their profiles from being able to apply multiple gold endorsements.
    • Optimized main menu ticker for players with large friends lists.
    • Fixed HUD showing Moneyball shields as up during over time even though they are down.
    • Reduced announcer talking for kill streaks to help reduce the repetition of announcements.
    • Various performance optimizations.

Support:
    • Reworked Supports bot aura so that it doesn't make the Jackbot appear overhealed.
    • Fixed Supports Firebase skill from recharging while the Support is dead but the Firebase skill exists.
    • Fixed being able to use the Heal/Hurt gun while taunting.
    • Fixed some instances of the Supports Firebase not appearing when thrown.
    • Fixed Heal/Hurt gun not being affected by rate of fire endorsements and reduced its overall healing/hurting ability to compensate for the change.
    • Fixed Supports being able to use their Hack skill through walls.
    • Fixed Supports being able to throw their Firebases through the wall.
    • Fixed Air Strikes sometimes damaging enemies under cover.
    • Supports can now only Hack enemy turrets at Hack level 3.
    • Increased the time to Hack enemy turrets.
    • Decreased duration of Hack on a turret for levels 1 and 2.

Assassin:
    • Fixed Assassins from being able to get permanent sprint and super speed.
    • Fixed Assassins getting a double smoke bomb allowing them to jump higher than intended.
    • Fixed Assassins being able to cloak during a grapple.
    • Fixed Assassins from being able to use her smoke bomb during a lunge.
    • Retuned damage done by dagger after a lunge.

Tank:
    • Tanks Jet Gun alternate fire damage is now reduced depending on the percentage of ammo left in the clip. Increased the full clip damage to compensate.

Assault:
    • Fixed an exploit involving the Assaults Fly.
    • Fixed Assaults bomb audio lingering after bomb is gone.

Monday Night Combat Live Update System:
    • Pregame Lobby is now 45 seconds.
    • Min Number of Players to start Crossfire is now 6.
    • Increased player bot spawning from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.

DLC Plans
    Beyond the Title Update, we will be releasing our first of three DLCs. The first DLC will contain new content, gameplay adjustments, and more bug fixes. What's exactly in the first DLC will be announced closer to its release. We're very invested in our community and want to see it thrive so the first DLC will be free.

PAX plans
    For those of you going to PAX this week, you'll be able to play the updated version of Monday Night Combat that incorporates the Title Update changes. Stop by the Uber booth for tournaments, merch like character statues, shirts, and prints and say hi to the Uber team.

As always, we want your feedback and we will continue to be active on our forums and Twitter.

Thank you,

Uber Team
  2. Styli

Styli New Member

Great stuff. Well done guys. Sterling work! :D
  3. fake

fake New Member

Uber rocks.
  4. whoismiked

whoismiked Active Member

I cant express enough how happy i am gonna be with this update, and how happy i am with the devs working so hard and listening to their community

If IW (cod devs) would have been 1/10th as much on the ball as you guys are, MW2 wuould have been a much better game

I absolutely love MNC, and will be playing it for a long time, especially seeing how active the devs are within their community, it really shows alot, kudos

<3
  5. Rodelero

Rodelero New Member

The assassin no longer being able to cloak when grappling will destroy it's viability. The assassin is the last class which is overpowered at the moment this will kill it, along with the lunge nerf.

The support needs more nerfing too.
  6. monmaker

monmaker Active Member

Great, like it wasn't hard enough to take out a support on a firebase >_>
    and whats wrong with using smoke bomb during a lunge? i hate it when i end up soaring over the edge of the map when lunging and somehow missing the person i was aiming for
  7. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

how about instead of playing the class as full out offensive combat, assassin players start playing it as intended: a stealthy death machine.
  8. Rodelero

Rodelero New Member

A stealthy death machine which will no longer be able to kill any normal support player, which happens to be the class you seem to like most? Amazing.

The assassin will become a class which can ONLY kill things outside of the enemies bases. Wow that will be effective - especially considering how many teams just turtle til overtime, especially teams full of the clearly "not" overpowered :roll: support. A terrible decision.

Any time the assassin kills something now, it will have to be NOWHERE near another pro, or turret. That's ridiculous. It would be one thing if the assassin had no cooldown time on the grapple or something, but when its best attack is the grapple, it seems bizarre. If the assassin is an assassin, it should be able to take out enemies in the opponents base - but it won't be able to do this and get away against a support/decent team anymore, ever. No idea how Uber actually imagine this is going to improve balance at all.
  9. monmaker

monmaker Active Member

especially seeing as how a rocket turret or a lvl 3 lazer blazer or a firebase will tear through our paper-esqe armor before we even have the chance to deliver the killing blow with the grapple
  10. Rodelero

Rodelero New Member

Yep. This is near enough a final straw. The support-turtle strategem will become completely, and utterly undefeatable now that the support has become near enough invincible against yet another class. What a joke.
  11. whoismiked

whoismiked Active Member

Learn to play your class then, and make smarter decisions

I think the update is perfect, she got a small nerf but also a buff, being able to grapple faster after a miss
  12. jovial1

jovial1 New Member

Looks like a fair update. I'm looking forward to playing it. Thanks again to the folks at Uber - I've played more hours of MNC than I have plenty of boxed titles this year. It's very quickly becoming my go-to game.
  13. Qbakies

Qbakies New Member

I'm just happy to see that Uber is listening and trying to implement changes from the community. Hopefully this update will be out soon as I'm very excited to try it.
  14. whoismiked

whoismiked Active Member

False, im not sure if you only play by yourself or what, but the more supports an ememy team has the easier it is for me and my team to win, unless they are very offensive and VERY good at it

A good team works together as a team to take out the enemy base, instead of just 1 assassin

My advice to you is either learn to play your class better, choose a different class, or get some friends and use teamwork to win rather then depending one class to take out an entire base or worry so much about single pro kills

Btw, one of my teammates, who is possibly one of the best assassins in the game didnt even use the grapple cloak exploit and he does just great

The more people that camp their base, no matter what class they are, it just makes it that much easier to dominate them

Ill say it again, use teamwork & strategy, running in a straight line to the other teams base invisible and expecting to take down their base isnt strategy

Btw if you would like to get 5 of your friends together for a friendly match vs us, you guys can have as many supports as you want, 6 for all we care, and we will have zero, and we'll show you how to take em out :) (or a 3v3, 4v4, w/e u want, we wont use a single support and u can have as many as u want, hit me up for a match if you are really convinced that support is overpowered if camping their base)
    Last edited: August 30, 2010
  15. VicSage2005

VicSage2005 New Member

Looking forward to the new update and like many others have already said, a big thank you for all your hard work.

Now for those of us not able to attend PAX...will we get a chance to purchase some of that merchandise? :)
  16. faits

faits New Member

Yeah I'll actually be at pax, and I'd love to buy some of (all of) those figurines, but wow the idea of carrying them around all day just isn't appealing.
  17. whoismiked

whoismiked Active Member

Take them out to your car or buy them near the end of the day?
  18. Neff

Neff New Member

What do I need to do to get my hands on those statues?

Like pokemon, I gotta have them all (and yes I know I am misquoting the tagline.)
  19. Dominooo

Dominooo New Member

Haha :lol: Listen to all of the assasins cry.
  20. Rodelero

Rodelero New Member

Typical arrogance of the person who plays with a group of 6, who seems to believe that his experiences are general, or typical. If you play with 6, you should win every game without any difficulty. This has very little to do with whether the game is balanced for normal play - because you will never have a pickup team (the vast majority of teams) which are anywhere near as effective as even three players who are coordinated.

I -personally- can beat most people into the ground, I do not need to be told arrogantly by the likes of you that I need to 'learn my class'. I consistently top the scoreboard with a variety of classes (and the assassin is not the class I play most - nor even the second class I play most) but what a team has to do to beat novice supports who aren't very good, is completely disproportionate.

An assassin in a normal match (ie, one where the teams are somewhat balanced), will now find it almost impossible to beat a turtling team. It's one thing with 3, or 4 other players with you who are capable, but without that it's going to be a ruddy nightmare.

Let me reiterate - this game needs to be balanced for party v party or 6 individuals v 6 individuals. What you can do as a coordinated team says very little about balance at all beacuse the majority of the time you will be playing with a huge advantage in terms of coordination.