Monday Night Combat Single Player Blitz Guide - Alpha Release

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by mncboxsox, December 19, 2013.

1. mncboxsox

mncboxsox Active Member

I have posted the guide on drop box. This is an alpha release so there are a ton of things that need to be addressed, changed, or destroyed to make the world a better place. Please treat it as such and feel free to send me suggestions, corrections, and / or criticism.

The web link:

New link, removed this one to confuse people.
    Last edited: December 20, 2013
  2. mncboxsox

mncboxsox Active Member

Last edited: December 30, 2013
  3. mncboxsox

mncboxsox Active Member

I just received an email from the Design Director at Uber asking me if I wanted the raw data files for the game so that I can pull all of the information about the breakouts for the guide. This will give me all of the information on how the game handles the bots so I am extremely happy right now. I think that the word giddy may actually apply here. So, once I have all of the info added to the guide I will publish the released version. This info will actually give me all of the information I need to round out the ultimate blitz guide quickly as well. AWESOME!!!!!
    teapot and mkrater like this.
  4. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Cool stuff man, which uber employee messaged you?

I had personally reached out to about 4-5 of them, multiple times over the last few years. They almost always ignore me, but when they do respond, they are never any help. One time I messaged nuetrino on reddit after stumbling across an AMA. I messaged him and he just told me "wow wall of text, too busy to respond now" which was essentially a no. He denied it saying he'd get back to me but I wasn't that dumb.

He said he had no time but than I went through his post history and found him literally arguing with a random person over the internet over developing games.

Glad you were able to find someone who cares enough about the fans.
  5. mncboxsox

mncboxsox Active Member

I had to take a break when I started having dreams about the guide. The source code files that Uber sent me have been a blast to go through (those of you who are not into going line by line through SW code would think that I am in serious need of medication, and you would be right).
  6. mncboxsox

mncboxsox Active Member

Actually, the person who cares enough about the fans is the one person whom I would hope would care the most about the fans, Bob Berry the president of the company. He was kind enough to make sure that I was given the help that I need. While it sometimes does take quite a lot of time (and occasionally a reminder or two now and then) due to the fact that they are ankle deep and upside down in Planetary Annihilation, I do almost always get any help that I need.
  7. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I'm just glad they cared enough in your case. I've sent the occasional reminder, plenty of times.
  8. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

I'll head over to their offices and tell them teapot sent me. They are about a 30 minute drive from me.
  9. mncboxsox

mncboxsox Active Member

That should smooth things out for him right away. I'm sure he would appreciate that a lot (if he enjoys smoking crack). Maybe Teapot needs to sign up for some *** kissing classes so that he can be as good as I am at it. Apparently I have that skill down pat.