Monday Night Combat Gameplay Video #1

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Pwndora, February 14, 2010.

1. Pwndora

Pwndora New Member

Make sort of a commentary video (someone narrating) explaining each class and game modes.
  2. Time4Science

Time4Science New Member

Here's a question:

Besides being an assassin, why is the Assassin so quiet? Has she taken a vow of silence?
  3. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Hi Uber fans,

We're working on our next video for Monday Night Combat. The focus of it will be to show off multiplayer gameplay. We'd love to hear from you about what you'd like to see in that video. If you have specific questions on how the game plays, questions about the six classes or anything else, let us know and we'll incorporate it into our video. Post your questions on the forum here.

Here's what we know so far about Monday Night Combat:

Big Money! Big Prizes!

Big Money! Big Prizes! Players who drive the fans wild and catch the eye of corporate sponsors will win cash and prizes that can be used to upgrade their weapons and their defenses.

Blitz

Blitz allow players to defend their Money Ball against armies of robots by themselves or with up to three of their closest friends over XBOX Live

Crossfire

Crossfire pits teams of players against each other over XBox LIVE. Each team is supported by an endless stream of robots fighting on their behalf; overwhelming your opponents stream will be the key to your success!

Six Unique Character Classes

Each Pro caters to their unique style of play and comes with their own set of upgradeable skills. Customize those skills and abilities even further with a variety of unlockable products and My Pro create-a-class feature.

Career

Extensive career meta-game gives players lots of room to enhance their Pro and show off their gaming prowess.

Thanks,
  4. TheBigOne

TheBigOne New Member

If you get fragged how long does it takes you to respawn? (I hate games where I have to sit in front of the screen waiting for longer than a few seconds, so choose your answer carefully).

Concerning the Career mode:
    Will you be able to max all those enhancements at once or will it be like for example League of Legends where you can spend 30 ability points but you'd need about 100 to max them all. Will those enhancements be in PvP and Coop or just in Coop? And if you can't max them all, will you be able to swap them without the need of making a new character?

Can you see a cloaked Assassin with Missile Turrets, Overlords and Photon Cannons?
  5. garratose

garratose New Member

Just make next video badass...that all i ask
  6. nyx

nyx Moderator Alumni

as badass as the first one? Or even badassier?
  7. Techubus

Techubus New Member

This.
  8. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

I can neither confirm nor deny the length of time you will be watching the awesome spectacle of the game as a spectator whilst you prepare for respawn.

I can neither confirm nor deny this. However, this is XBox Live... I would be kinda mean if we forced you to get a new account to unlock different things. I'm just sayin'.

I can neither confirm nor deny the visual representation of the assassin or her burrowing ability.
  9. gnats3

gnats3 Member

I think some more information on how the game works would be good. What controls the flow of bots/where do they come from/what are they actually trying to accomplish? How does respawning work? Are there control points, flags to capture, a central building to destroy? How do products/upgrades work?

Also, a class-based shooter with cartoony graphics automatically gets "it's a TF2 clone!!!1!1" comments, so you should probably kill off those comments right away by emphasizing how MNC is different. You shouldn't directly state "this is why MNC is different from TF2," but you should put the main unique aspects of MNC in the video.

[edit] Burrowing ability? You mean they've already gotten Lurkers?! Oh no :(
  10. baboy1337

baboy1337 New Member

Might sound a bit obvious but I'm more than anything interested in how the game actually plays - real in-game footage with the HUD, that actually shows how you play and what you actually do besides killing.

Oh, and some nice examples of awesome teamplay would be nice.
  11. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Ah, you know I link my maps and stuff so I'd like to see the arena to get a feeling for it. Maybe of a Crossfire match, from base to base, just a few seconds. :)
  12. Techubus

Techubus New Member

I say the dead spectator should have his camera forcibly fixed on the cheerleaders. ;)

That's either an interesting way to describe her fancy knife work or... I got nothing.
  13. gnats3

gnats3 Member

or... it means that she burrows. Underground. ;) :p
  14. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

it's a Starcraft reference, as a response to TBO's joke about detecting the stealthed Assassin.