Modders A simple request

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ikickasss, May 28, 2015.

1. ikickasss

ikickasss Active Member

I really love playing team games in pa. 2v2v2 and 3 v 3 . I'm a big fan of pax prime and I think the community as a whole enjoys this map. Since I cannot create systems I'm in a bind. I was wondering if somebody can make a map pack for pamm and make it downloadable. I would like different recreations of pax prime. Different combination of planets and sizes. But all similar to pax prime. 5 planets total with a metal and gas plus 3 more. Nothing fancy with metal just spread out normal. You can call it pax prime map pack. Maybe 5 - 10 different pax prime style maps. I know there is other map packs but I'm not fond of them because they have weird metal layouts and designs. If my pa was not bugged I would of done this myself. Thanks and let me know what you guys think.
  2. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

What stops you making systems? Not having a go, just curious. I havnt looked at system editor since early beta but even then it was pretty easy to use. Has something changed since then?
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  3. elodea

elodea Post Master General

System editor is bugged for everyone for a while now
    Clopse likes this.
  4. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Perhaps Awesome System Generator could do that?
  5. ikickasss

ikickasss Active Member

Some type of bug. I cant save systems. When I go to save it doesn't let me. I used to be able to then one day I couldnt through various patches. I tried uninstalling pamm and reinstalling pa with no mods and it still is bugged out.
  6. ikickasss

ikickasss Active Member

Please explain what that mod is?
  7. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

You are setting planets as starting planet, right? You may also want to try renaming the "Planetary Annihilation" to "Planetary Annihilation.bak" in:
    Windows: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\
    On a typical install %LOCALAPPDATA% will be C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local
    OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Uber Entertainment/
    Linux: ~/.local/Uber Entertainment/

That'll nuke all of your Galactic Wars, settings, mods, and systems. If that doesn't work, you can simply rename the folder back.
  8. ikickasss

ikickasss Active Member

Anyone having this problem of saving system. This here helped me and I can now create systems and save. Thank you for the reply.
    cdrkf likes this.
  9. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Any errors in the debugger console?
  10. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

I feel like I'm the only person who can always save my maps
  11. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

This is a little UI mod that allows you to have greater control over the system / planet generator than the standard options. It's a very quick way to create complex procedural multi planet systems with a little more control over the outcome. It's ideal for creating variations of systems like PAX, what it can't do is create 'hand placed' type planets (although I'm assuming you could use this to create a starting template, then go in and edit the planets manually if you wanted?).
  12. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Recently, i got my maps to save a bit more reliably. However, the saves added additional landing zones, changed the metal counts, and removed all the csg's from certain planets. lol.