Modded server mod list

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by arseface, April 23, 2013.

1. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Let's keep tabs of all the mods.

We know there's increased moneyball health.
    We know headshot damage has been reduced to where it will just barely not kill a gunner.

Anything else?
  2. teju__

teju__ Active Member

Modded servers? I must've missed something. But if this is what it sounds like, I like it. :D
  3. shine771

shine771 New Member

If I remember correctly:
    • Decreased Sniper headshot damage
      Increased moneyball health
      Increased turret health
      Nerfed Gunner mortar damage vs. turrets
      Juice doesn't heal

There is no such thing as modded servers. At least not as far as I know. I was just having some fun with C++ and memory reading/writing and made some balance changes to the game. I wasn't trying to balance anything. My HDD died a few days ago, so I lost everything, because I didn't bother making a remote GIT repo.

Basically, the server is controlling the game. That means that all variables and settings are stored in the server. If the server is on my machine, I can control everything that happens with the game, because I have full access to the machine's memory. It's possible to do anything you can imagine, but it's pretty time consuming and usually not worth it. Game balance settings are read from a file or Uber's servers(didn't bother to check) and stored in memory, it's pretty simple to find the addresses and pointers and change those settings.