Mod settings not showing until defaults restored

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by trialq, July 14, 2014.

1. trialq

trialq Post Master General

The problem is that mod settings don't show until you restore the default settings. Then, even when you change a mod setting and save it, coming back to settings all the mod settings are hidden again. This is with all mods except the one i'm testing disabled. Local settings were deleted, and there was a problem before this installation of PA ever saw floating framework or settings manager (once upon a time I think one of these had an issue).

The funny thing is, when hotbuild2 is enabled too, the settings of both mods show every time. I think maybe there is a problem that hotbuild avoids by doing additional stuff in the settings scene. Maybe a race condition was introduced with the new patch or it's always been like this.

Auto factory has this problem, as does any using settings manager i tried, and instant sandbox (the only other mod I can see that doesn't use the settings manager to add settings).

First off, can people try instant sandbox with no other mods enabled to see if you can reproduce the error?

If you see this it means the settings have displayed as they should:
    sand00.png

If you see this, you have reproduced the error:
    sand01.png

Notice the lack of normal settings, but the custom setting to the left is displayed fine.
  2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Okay, that is new. Now to figure out which version I set that up in and look for changes.
  3. trialq

Every mod that has settings I've tried has the issue, except hotbuild2. Didn't notice a problem a few patches ago with auto factory, and don't think I've touched the settings code since.
  4. wondible

It's a timing issue. I haven't traced the cause of the change, or looked at hotbuild yet.

Workaround:

Code:
      model.settingDefinitions(api.settings.definitions)

Problem is every mod that loads settings will likely cause a re-render of the HTML. May not be an actual issue. Other options would be to add settings in global mod files, or make a patch mod that loaded last and performed the refresh once.
    trialq likes this.
  5. wondible

Hotbuild works because

Code:
            //Fix for PTE 
            model.settingGroups.notifySubscribers();

Which may be a lighter-weight solution.

Line added June 27; 68079 didn't touch settings, but 67998 did. It removed that very line from the display_mode handler, along with a ton of other changes, including ko-deferred.
  6. trialq

That's great, thanks. Your workaround worked for auto factory, hotbuild's didn't.
  7. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

All I read is : keep being lazy :p hotbuild is fine :)