Mod issue when playing really offline (no internet)

Discussion in 'Support!' started by lulamae, June 24, 2018.

1. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

This weekend, a strong storm took out our internet for a couple of days, so I had to play PA *very* offline.
    I had an issue with the mods.
    I'd start a AI skirmish, the game lobby would open and I could see that the QUeller AI, System Preview and Fireball Skybox mods loaded (but none of the map packs).

However, when the game started, it appeared that none of my remaining client mods loaded. The most obvious being Infinite Build, Hotbuild2, Favorite Color, Fabulous Selections & Don't Look At Me.

Quitting the game after I spawned in, then starting another AI skirmish resulted in the return of the map pack and the return of *some* of the remaining client mods, at least in functionality.
    For instance, in the second game I could use Hotbuild2, but it still did not appear in Game Settings.

This was repeatable by quitting/restarting PA. So I cleared all the logs and server.txt file, Then I repeated the process.
    Last edited: June 24, 2018
  2. lulamae

Never mind - Now that I have internet, I tried again and had the same issues, so I deleted everything from the Download folder & verified my PA files. It did download something new so I have to again opt-in, but now everything works OK.
  3. lulamae

Whelp, never mind the never mind. Had to play without internet again tonight and the same thing happened, although I did not have to verify files after my internet service was restored. Something hinky with the mods when playing without internet service.
  4. nimzodragonlord

nimzodragonlord Member

Same problem here. I have no internet at my house, and when I tried to play PA, my client mods didn’t work. They work just fine with an internet connection and I can see that they are still downloaded and activated in CMM when I am offline.