MNC Wallpaper contest!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Ekanaut, September 27, 2010.

1. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Got an idea for a new wallpaper? We'll pick the best ideas and create wallpapers for the community. Also the the 5 winning entries will get signed prints of the wallpapers and a copy of the game. Here's some ideas. Post your ideas below or on Twitter to @Uberent

http://www.uberent.com/media/wallpapers
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Similar to the first picture have two characters taunting each other. Like a freeze frame at the most noticeable part about the taunt. I.E The tank punching his palm, The Assault with the rifle over his shoulder and the Gunner doing the Tiki motion.
  3. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

assault should have the grenade launcher in between his legs, js
  4. xxxScorpion

xxxScorpion New Member

A Icemen Assassin kneeling down on top of one of the bot spawners on G3, swinging her dagger on her finger while staring down at the enemy base with a gremlin perched beside her ready to charge in.

Totally not possible in game but a badass wallpaper it would be.
  5. SaTaNiCxCaRnAgE

SaTaNiCxCaRnAgE New Member

If only i was artistic enough to do it. but i would love to see a poster of what the assassin rly looks like underneath the mask and what not ;)
  6. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

I am excited to see what the artists minded ideas out there the fans can produce :)
    Last edited: September 28, 2010
  7. Mr_Rippe

Mr_Rippe New Member

The assault cooking some bacon on a frying pan while all the other characters are waiting online (except for the gunner, who's busy eating it)
  8. SirZaxxon

SirZaxxon New Member

I'd love to see the Tank with his tongue stuck to a shave-ice turret. :lol:
  9. PigletB12

PigletB12 New Member

I'd like to see the tank cooking up a huge piece of bacon with his jet engine gun.

The sniper practicing some golf to improve his grapple in the MNC arenas.

The Gunner playing a ukulele while dancing in a hula skirt, it would be epic.
  10. ViralG

ViralG New Member

Have an Assassin from both teams, back to back, each throwing a knife at a moneyball. The determination in their glowing eyes, trying to best the other in this game of chance. Obviously the background should be the arena, but I don't know how well it would look. Just have to make sure it's not entirely cluttered with mayhem.

Or another idea:

Have an Assassin from both teams, invisible, coming towards eachother at a wall corner. Two cloaked enemies in the bright lights of the arena, unknowing of what awaits them, a stronger opponent or an easy kill. They should have different poses. Perhaps the Icemen Assassin has one knife ready for a forward thrusting motion while her other hand holds a knife for a downward stab; on the other hand, the Hotshots Assassin could be holding three shurikens in the hand away from the corner while holding a single knife ready to slash whichever opponent she comes across.

I like my second idea better because there's more action in there. Plus it's more descriptive.
  11. Manouso

Manouso New Member

Have an assassin with her back to the "camera" (for lack of a better word) with her mask flipped up or in her hand. Then the entire MNC cast facing her with confused looks on their faces.

Or even various expressions
    Tank - digusted with his hands in front of him (think heisman trophy)
    Support - smiling
    Assault - winking and pointing
    Gunner - confused
    Sniper - surprised
    Pitgirl - peeking over the tank's shoulder
  12. Arnhell

Arnhell New Member

I'd really like to see a Sniper getting crushed by a Jackbot, possibly being stomped into oblivion.

Or better yet a Tank sitting on a sniper while he eats a bacon sandwich.

Basically anything involving terrible violence done to a Sniper would delight me.
  13. gergsirronzero

gergsirronzero New Member

My idea would be to have a giant pile of coins with all of the player characters struggling with each other at various places up the pile. At the top of the pile of coins would be Bullseye either in the middle of dancing or with his arms stretched outwards.
  14. redleader

redleader New Member

Picture this: Gunner at the plate, sniper on the mound, tank as the catcher (Camera over gunners left shoulder, looking towards the mound) Gunner and sniper are hotshots (self-pitch softball style) and the sniper has just finished his melee motion which launches an assassin to home plate (picture would be assassin between mound and plate) where the gunner is winding up into his melee, to knock that assassin out of the park. In the background an assault is at first, maybe you can see a support on second and an assassin way in the outfield.

(And perhaps some bots as the umpires?)
  15. Tiller

Tiller Active Member

This is awesome guys. Community interaction is always a good thing, and we get wallpapers out of it to boot. I hope the art guys have a field day with this!

Well here's some ideas I kinda went a bit wild (aka: not doing my paper...):

1.A Hotshot Tank mid death blossom who looks like he's frolicking through a field of flowers, only the flowers are actually burning Pros from the Iceman team.

2.A Sniper with his hand on his chin grinning in pride (as a mad villain would when completing his evil plan) as a play he came up with is projected onto a screen behind him. This play would be incomprehensible, with 1337 gibberish, arrows, symbols and poor, exaggerated doodles of the opposite team's Pros scribbled all over. The only thing decipherable would be the name: "Randy Schiller" crossed out with a skull next to it.

3. Pitgirl gagged and tied to a tree full of possums with the Assassins knife wedged through the slacks of her gloves and into the bark, effectively binding her arms and holding them up.

4. The Assassin looking frustrated, attempting to meditate while the gang behind her is dancing with Bulls-eye. The Sniper is doing the robot, the assault is getting his grove on, the Support is doing a slow Italian dance, the Gunner is hula dancing "tiki style" and the Tank is being awkward and bashful with Pitgirl taking his hand.

5. A Sniper with an enlarged ammo mule magazine is lining up a shot while munching on a piece of bacon being dispensed on the side of of the gun.

6. Bulls-Eye running in comedic fashion, scattering money as he stumbles, towards the screen as the rest of the pros are in hot pursuit with their weapons blazing.

7. An ejector scene in the middle Grenade III where an assault/Support/Gunner puts on an awesome face as the pros from the other team are sent flying in random directions while trying to go for the annihilator.

8. The pro's swimming in a pile of money (think Scrooge McDuck from Ducktales). The Support has a jetski, the Gunner is cooking at a mini luau, Assault is chilling with his arms stretched on the sides of the container, the tank batting a money ball like a volleyball, pitgirl is laying out on a floater, the Assassin has a shark fin tied to her back and is wading through the coins, and the sniper is in midair doing a cannon ball. Visible is Bull-eye, seen upside down and partially submerged in the coin stash.

As you can see, I am procrastinating instead of doing my paper. So I'm gonna stop right here. >_>

PS: Are we going to be seeing Iceman Pitgirl in the game sooner or later? It always kinda seemed odd she was always supporting the Hotshots.
  16. Forgo10hero

Forgo10hero New Member

I have got a few great ideas!

The first is to have an Iceman Support standing in front of a mirror with his arms outstretched like in his taunt. Reflected in the mirror would be a Hotshots Support doing the exact (but reflected) motion.

The second is the Tank and the Gunner sitting down at a table (one is Hotshots the other is Icemen affiliated) and attempting to beat the other at a bacon eating contest. All the while, their respective teams will be cheering them on in the background.

The last can be Pit Girl drinking a can of GrenADE with an alternate Pit Girl back-to-back with her in a more relaxed pose with a can of Survivitol in her hand.
  17. daswickerman

daswickerman New Member

Tweeted this already, but I think it deserved exposition.

I want to see the classic "Dogs Playing Poker" done with bots. Dapper hats, monocles and vests are a must. Additionally I expect to see Jackbot with a dealer visor and at least one bot cheating like a jerk, maybe he's sitting in front of a level three turret and it's healing his cards.

Now I know this is technically a wallpaper contest, but I think there should be some room for real art!
  18. tme2nsb

tme2nsb New Member

Idea 1: Both teams with each class coming at each other similar in the style of the old Superfriends cartoon.

Idea 2: Sniper zoomed in on a target with assassin class behind him with in big letters at the top saying "WATCH YOUR BACK"

Idea 3: Bullseye sitting in a chair waving dollar bills with Pitgirl dancing around him (possibly a lapdance!)

Idea 4: Family/group of humans wearing metal caps on their heads with a "viewer rating" while staring at their TV with MNC on it. Has a meter showing how excited they may be because if it falls to low, they will be ordered to be "reprogrammed" to like the show more and watch it more and buy their ads.

Idea 5: Tank or Support alone in the middle of a blue/red BG, literally covered head to toe in ads from the various sponsors of the game.

You can use all of these ideas. I've got more :)
  19. Phobos zYn

Phobos zYn New Member

[​IMG]
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, 3 ideas come to mind:

1. A Godzilla vs King Kong parody with Jackbot as King Kong. Or simply Jackbot destroying Tokyo lol. Some good source material:

2. A low angle shot of Pitgirl shooting the grenade launcher or mortar gun towards the camera while standing on top of a jackbot. Say hello to my little friend?

3. A Pitgirl vs Assassin themed wallpaper. Assassin dashing from the right, Pitgirl on the left holding this gun

Btw the dogs playing poker and the baseball ideas had me cracking up. Definitely my favorites so far.
  20. Jumpman

Jumpman New Member

Orange Assault with his back to the viewer, and the entire blue team running at him from various spots that correspond to the abilities of the personnel (Sniper is all the way in the back, the assassin jumping from above)