MNC Troubleshooting Guide

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Ekanaut, December 22, 2010.

1. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

2. HI IM SNARF

HI IM SNARF New Member

Re: Steps to take if your game crashes on startup

I actually was coming here to complain about the fact that you guys hadn't addressed this yet. Nothing is more lame than spending your money on a game to have it completely not work.

I appreciate you addressing this problem...I'll let you know if any of the steps work for me once I'm done downloading the updates Got my hopes up :)

EDIT: Can this be a sticky?
  3. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

It is sticky :)
  4. HI IM SNARF

HI IM SNARF New Member

Ah. I knew that...just making sure you were aware of it as well.

:p
  5. Gturtle

Gturtle New Member

You see? It was a test.

Ekanaut passed with flying colors.
  6. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Steam might be installed in C:program Files (X86) if you're running a 64bit version of Windows. Basically find where Steam is installed and the rest of the path should be the same.
  7. Beattie

Beattie New Member

Wow never mind. Turns out my computer isnt good enough to run it, thats embarrassing :/. Please delete all my other comments..
  8. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

np :)
  9. HI IM SNARF

HI IM SNARF New Member

I've tried it all, and it's still not working :(
  10. ckit

ckit New Member

tried them all, still crashing.
    Kinda dissapointed to be honest but still hoping this will all be fixed till the 17th.
  11. HI IM SNARF

HI IM SNARF New Member

Where do I go to download your version of PhysX?
  12. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Step 3
    Try manually installing support file. The files are located in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\Binaries\Win32\support

Run vc90redist_x86.exe
    Run vc90redist_x86.exe
    DXSETUP.exe
    PhysX_9.10.0513_SystemSoftware.exe
  13. playeremers

playeremers New Member

thanks

:lol: :lol:
  14. THEpiGUY

THEpiGUY New Member

I've come across a potential solution to those who still can't get their game to run. I tried all of the suggestions listed with no success.

If you're running a dual-core AMD platform, download the AMD Dual-Core Optimizer. Since apparently I can't direct link, just click the link below and it should be the fourth item on the list. Simply installing this corrected the startup issue for me; I hope it works for others affected too.

http://support.amd.com/us/psearch/Pages ... 0Processor
    Last edited: January 20, 2011
  15. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

I passed steps 1 & 2.
    I think it's an issue with my AMD dual core, the link you posted piGuy doesn't load anything for me.

Here's a zip containing my crash reports and another file with my dxdiag.

I would expect my computer to be able to handle this game, as it handles Oblivion and CS:S on max settings.

Edit: Downloaded the optimizer but didn't fix anything, going to eat dinner now, hopefully some help will be posted when I get back, or it's back to 360 for today =D

Attached Files:

16. iveinsomnia

iveinsomnia New Member

I got this crashes too since the last update:

Application Failure mnc.exe 1.0.5694.0 in kernel32.dll 5.1.2600.5781 at offset 00012afb..
    Code:
    Result failed 
     at c:\ContinuousIntegration\projects\HostileFullBuild\hostile\main\UnrealEngine3\Development\Src\D3D9Drv\Src\D3D9Device.cpp:688 
     with error D3DERR_INVALIDCALL

RaiseException() Address = 0x7c812afb (filename not found) [in E:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll]
    CxxThrowException() Address = 0x7857df56 (filename not found) [in E:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC90.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4148_x-ww_d495ac4e\MSVCR90.dll]
    GetOutermost() Address = 0x5d2971   (filename not found) [in f:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\binaries\win32\mnc.exe]
    Address = 0x5a335d   (filename not found) [in f:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\binaries\win32\mnc.exe]
    GetStackOwnerClass() Address = 0xe0fcaf   (filename not found) [in f:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\binaries\win32\mnc.exe]
    IsOverlayEnabled() Address = 0x3bb86cf  (filename not found) [in F:\Program Files\valve\steam\GameOverlayRenderer.dll]
    IsOverlayEnabled() Address = 0x3bb86cf  (filename not found) [in F:\Program Files\valve\steam\GameOverlayRenderer.dll]
    IsOverlayEnabled() Address = 0x3bb86d7  (filename not found) [in F:\Program Files\valve\steam\GameOverlayRenderer.dll]
    NtClose() Address = 0x7c91cffa (filename not found) [in E:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll]
    IsOverlayEnabled() Address = 0x3bb2a3f  (filename not found) [in F:\Program Files\valve\steam\GameOverlayRenderer.dll]
    IsOverlayEnabled() Address = 0x3bb8707  (filename not found) [in F:\Program Files\valve\steam\GameOverlayRenderer.dll]
    IsOverlayEnabled() Address = 0x3bb2b37  (filename not found) [in F:\Program Files\valve\steam\GameOverlayRenderer.dll]
    IsOverlayEnabled() Address = 0x3bb2b2e  (filename not found) [in F:\Program Files\valve\steam\GameOverlayRenderer.dll]
    IsOverlayEnabled() Address = 0x3bb2b2e  (filename not found) [in F:\Program Files\valve\steam\GameOverlayRenderer.dll]
    IsOverlayEnabled() Address = 0x3bae084  (filename not found) [in F:\Program Files\valve\steam\GameOverlayRenderer.dll]
    IsOverlayEnabled() Address = 0x3bb60ec  (filename not found) [in F:\Program Files\valve\steam\GameOverlayRenderer.dll]
    IsOverlayEnabled() Address = 0x3bb09f3  (filename not found) [in F:\Program Files\valve\steam\GameOverlayRenderer.dll]
    GetOutermost() Address = 0x6d0070   (filename not found) [in f:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\binaries\win32\mnc.exe]
    GetStackOwnerClass() Address = 0xe11638   (filename not found) [in f:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\binaries\win32\mnc.exe]
    GetStackOwnerClass() Address = 0xe2171f   (filename not found) [in f:\program files\valve\steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\binaries\win32\mnc.exe]
    Address = 0x30433631 (filename not found) 
    Address = 0x45344639 (filename not found) 
    Address = 0x45344639 (filename not found) 

CPU: intel E5200
    GPU: AMD HD6850
    All drivers / DX updated

Tried:
    -Remove *.ini > Check integrity
    -Uninstall / install the game

May be related: the last UDK update do the same thing.

Allready reported via the Monday Night Combat PC BETA Issue Form.
  17. Kampfkeks

Kampfkeks New Member

I tried everything and the game still doesn't start. When i try to start it absolutely nothing happens. Even the Game Process disappears after about 5 seconds.
  18. o

o Head Honcho Official PA

Please post the contents of the following files:

1) Launch.log
    My Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\hostilegame\logs\launch.log

2) Patch.log
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\hostilegame\logs\patch.log

(Note that your Steam may be installed elsewhere, such as C:\Program Files\ if on a 32-bit operating system.)
  19. kruko12

kruko12 New Member

I buy this game and everything alright.
    But not to my friend :(
    He try everything.. reinstal game 5 times.
    All 4 step on this topic.

He try this :
    Ok, let's get you to a clean starting state.

Right click on MNC in Steam Library > Delete Local Content

Delete this folder C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3

Delete this folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat

Then try to install Monday Night Combat through Steam again.

But still nothing.

Any ideas ?
    Plz help to my friend !

PS : When he run the game, windows ask him "you must select user" and he heavy only user. (yes he log in administrator)
  20. Zabor0

Zabor0 New Member

Im tired of this... I've used 2 days to get this game to work. It wont... It uses about 5 min to get to the main menu, and it uses so long time to join a server... That I just press Alt + ctrl + Del... And I get a virus every time I turn of the computer and launches the game...

EDIT: When I validating Steam files it says: 1 files failed to validate and will be reacquired.

Attached Files:

Last edited: January 28, 2011