MNC, Super MNC and what happened to Xbox version

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Ekanaut, March 19, 2013.

1. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

2. IncredibleBran

IncredibleBran Member

Saw the retweet and read it then, boy has Uber gone through a lot.
  3. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Interesting read. Thanks for sharing.
  4. sorewawatashi

sorewawatashi New Member

Thanks for the post, Uber. Very informative.

Good to luck to you and your future endeavors.
  5. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

And in case someone did not read the comments, here is a tid bit more from CEO, Bob Berry:

6. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

I hope one day that i'll be able to forgive you, but i'll never forget.

This community knows what it feels like to be left in the dark as well. A lot of the community stuck around solely for the DLC because we knew what this game potentially had to offer. After update #1, you guys didn't show face around here for 6-9 months. Most of us who had been around here for awhile pretty much could tell as the forums were dying off and you guys were no where to be found besides the SMNC forums, that "Hey, we're not being impatient..this **** just isn't going to happen".

Finally, one day you make a thread confirming what everyone knew already that you guys decided to abandon ship.

We understand that there is a business to run, choices to be made, and contracts to abide by. Hopefully we can chalk this up as a learning experience that promises shouldn't be made if you're ignorant to Microsoft's "constraints" and that gamers have feelings too. Only then, can we begin the healing process.
  7. feedle

feedle Post Master General

think this should be stickied...
  8. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

You do realize we're talking about a $15 game?
    That you probably got more then your money's worth out of.
    That even had a free update.
    That Uber had the best of intentions for.
    That Microsoft told them to stop making updates for.
    You seem to be over reacting a smidgin.
  9. missionaryposition

missionaryposition Member

I don't want Chickey Cantor anyways.
  10. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

I don't like being lied to by people I give my money too, regardless of the quantity. They knew what direction it was going and gave us no indication and just simply ignored us.
  11. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Just curious, why not use kickstarter to try and continue to work on MNC/SMNC?

How much would be needed minimum for a proper patch for MNC?

looks like skull girls or who ever raised $600,000 on kickstarter to create a new character and story mode.
  12. igotbannedagain

igotbannedagain New Member

They don't want to work with Microsoft, Teapot. And honestly, neither would I after reading that.
  13. feedle

XBOX:
    this is the company that when they shut their service down...
    ALL your xbox INDIE games will not work...
    ALL your games that need updates to play won't work
    All you licenses will be stuck online in their database and when your system rrod its lost
    All your servers gone... EA is still laughing at their cash grab

If you can't transfer your purchases to the next system all will be lost when they cut the line...

But on a side note why can't uber contact someone like EA and make a DISK version of mnc with some new maps or something for future systems? I mean theres capcom collections and popcap collections which are doing this...

Wiiu, ps4 etc might be better then xbox for development?
    Not sure how those companies handle things but microsoft pretty much lied to all these developers by saying our system is easy to program on.. but we take 90% of your profit.
  14. igotbannedagain

igotbannedagain New Member

if you hand over rights to EA or some sh*t, this game will suck balls, pubes and all.

Uber did it right and anyone else will f*ck it up. Period.
  15. teapot

While it did sound like it was hell to work with xbox, it did sound like in that article that they despite all the complications by microsoft, they wanted to continue to work on it (one last time) but were out of funds completely.

really, the kickstarter could have gone towards PC since it would have been much easier.

I'm just curious if they thought about it or not, and why they decided to use kickstarter for a new game instead of continuing off SMNC or MNC?

It's obviously the best choice for them from a business standpoint, but I just want to know if they had thoughts about using kickstarter for mNC
  16. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Um explain to me why I can still play all my games when I don't have an Ethernet cable plugged?
  17. teapot

because you didn't buy sim city yet.

;)
  18. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

A kickstarter to continue working on MNC for XBLA would be irrelevant. It wasn't an issue of needing money to create new content for MNC, we have the content. It is an issue of Microsoft refusing to let us update the game unless we gave up the rights to the game and the company for free and string us along for several months to try to force us in to a bad position. Business being business we were not allowed to talk publicly about our negotiations either, hence the long silence.
  19. teapot

I don't know man, your signature tells me other wise :p

it was real late when I read through the article, so I must have missed that part.

Since it's never going to be released, would you mind telling us what content you guys had that couldn't get past microsoft?

If you guys had the PC updates for xbox, then I might say we were better off in the long run. However, if it was some content exclusive for consoles, I would be interested.
  20. feedle

You cant play indie games... offline
    You can't play battlefield 1942 or quake arena *unless its split screen local etc).. since they need multiplayer servers
    You don't get the updates or patch to make everything balanced (you do when your online).. but your dlcs that need updates to play will be unobtainable since the 360 memory only holds like 10 updates then requires each game to download new ones i think.

Im saying when microcrap cuts the live line kiss everything goodbye!
    Yes you can play arcade games and disk games offline but id rather play online and have proper updates and dlc that works.
    I've bought over 300 xbox indie games and whats going to happen when live goes down?