MNC Pre-Order Beta is now live on Steam!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by scathis, December 16, 2010.

1. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

2. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

Here is my story, since finding out the game is coming to steam only the other night I was thinking about buying it and owning it for a 2nd time, today I thought "yeah sure i'll do that!" and after pre-ordering was prompted to download the beta, must have gone live like the moment I handed money over :lol:

So far so good, game crashed searching for servers but the tutorial was butter smooth at 1080 and 60fps for me, I have to say after playing it on 360 for so long the increased resolution and image quality is real nice to see.
  3. thrive

thrive New Member

Hell yes. Downloading now.
  4. bozeefus

bozeefus New Member

How do you switch the fps? mines is kind of laggy. and i can't move as the WASD are not responding.
  5. Cyris

Cyris New Member

Stupid question, but how do you download it? I'm in my games Library on MNC, and don't see a download option.
  6. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Downloading. 1.9GB I assume we got some nice large textures?
    Restart Steam.
  7. KazooieBanjo

KazooieBanjo New Member

Scathis confirm my friend requeeeest.
  8. Cyris

Cyris New Member

Yep, that did it.

/squeeeeeeee
  9. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Well, installed it, played it and it looks BEAUTIFUL at full settings on my 1080p monitor :mrgreen:

Having said that, finding hosts is difficult, I only see a handful, is it region based or ping based? Or are there simply not enough people playing?
  10. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

We're working on a whole host of issues and will be putting out updates throughout the Beta period.

It'll get better.
  11. XShadowStormX

XShadowStormX New Member

I will get better or we will give you Scathis and your money back! :twisted:
  12. faits

faits New Member

How is he at mowing lawns and other light yard work?
  13. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

Also, can he drive a manual? I wouldn't mind having a chauffeur.
  14. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

I'd settle for his car. Any other car is an improvement over mine :lol:
  15. folksingingrobot

folksingingrobot New Member

This is the greatest news! I had a blast trying this out at PAX East and I've come close to picking up an xbox just for this game, BUT now I don't have to. Thanks Uber!
  16. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Woah woah woah woah woah.

Did Scathis just CONFIRM it will get better?
  17. Ferocity

Ferocity New Member

Are developers allowed to say that? :shock:
  18. Kyiera1280

Kyiera1280 New Member

I purchased the pre-order through steam and I've been trying to download and install it for hours now to no avail. I see the "install" option on the game in my list but every time I try to install the game, I get a window popping up that says "No Steam content servers are currently configured to deliver content for this game. This will be corrected soon, please try again in a few minutes."

I've looked at the steam forums and here and haven't seen anyone else with this issue. I realize it's probably a steam issue, but the steam forums are being crotchety and not letting me post right now >.<

I've tried restarting steam 10+ times too and no fix. Any help would be great!
  19. kurina

kurina Member

@Kyiera1280

One thing you may try is going into your Steam settings, and clicking on the 'Downloads + Cloud' tab at the top. You can select a download region there. It may be possible that Steam is trying to download from a server that does not have the files. I have had this same error message a few times in the past, especially when I try to pick a server that is closer to me, only to discover it does not even work.

No idea if this will help, but it is worth a try at least. My Steam is set to US-Dallas, and I was able to grab the game okay from that server.
  20. Kyiera1280

Kyiera1280 New Member

@ Kurina

Awesome, that worked! Mine was set to download from Pittsburgh for some reason when New York is 300 miles closer :| Downloading now, thanks a ton for the support!