MNC is no longer showing up on steam charts :(

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by eternal, May 2, 2011.

1. eternal

eternal New Member

The population for the game has dropped enough it no longer shows up on the steam top 100. This is a little disheartening since Uncle Tully's only JUST came out.

MNC NEEDS a mod tools release coupled with a front page ad on steam (perhaps a weekend or mid week sale?)
  2. Robbert

Robbert New Member

what about allowing every monday night it to be played for 3 hours, if you do this for 3.5 months :!: , the time would be equivalent to one free weekend. Maybe steam could then do also a weekly ad for mnc like: Monday night, play monday night combat for FREE.

ps: it's really a shame that mnc dropped so far, it's real good game.
  3. Gozuu

Gozuu New Member

Incredibly funny, dev doesn't seem to care though.
  4. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

Patience, game just lacks content for now, free weekends wont help without the content to keep players.

Uber have designed the perfect classes, but the 5 retail maps are so boringly bland and lack imagination, tully is the first map with any sort of interesting design elements, im currently hooked on the tully only racqueim servers.

When the sdk is released and we have community made custom maps then population will be huge.
  5. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

It's been like that for quite a while now, though I do remember spotting it on no. 100 on the list last week.

The best you can do is not let yourself judge a game by its popularity and statistics. I still find populated servers with relatively good ping every time, so that's a sign of good life for me. It just means MNC is a much more niche game now.
  6. kotay

kotay New Member

hahahahaha you guys, wake up
  7. arseface

arseface Post Master General

While I agree that the population will most likely never be HUGE, we should get a stable pub community out of mod support.

They need to update the engine first, then get an SDK out. After all that they need to wait about a month, THEN hit another promotion.

We need more content before another promotion gets put out, but we will need another free weekend/sale to get the game back on the list for a bit to bring back the population.

MNC will never beat TF2/CS:S, nobody is expecting that. I'd like to thing that we'll be back on the top 50 charts consistently though.
  8. Bakey

Bakey New Member

MNC is dead, folks. Nothing to see here. Move along.
  9. zodiark1234

zodiark1234 New Member

The naysayers sure aren't helping. Shall we show them the way out of our forums for lack of contribution. :lol:
  10. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

Uber have designed a game with really fun and interesting classes, only the maps let it down, im confident with custom content we will see a serious improvement in gameplay to keep players coming back for more.

Tully in the meantime unlocks some of the potential of the game, introducing side objectives and vertical axis gameplay, hopefully we will see more great ideas, if not from uber then from the community.
  11. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

The most important thing is that once the modding tools do come out, that we actually have capable modders/mappers to actually make use of them. :?

But we really need some more variation. New game modes is something that keeps popping up, yet that's still not been acted upon yet. At least we have an element of jungling in MNC now that Chickey's added.
  12. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

It is a bit ironic that it was the day that Uncle Tullys Funland came out that I really decided to move on from this game.

Uncle Tullys Funland should have been what brought more people to the game, yet somehow

It is a bit hard to describe my feelings and that means a lot coming from me.
    There were some fun aspects to the arena, such as bouncing around.

But I did not know any strategies for winning, and I did not know the purpose of the chicken, who at the time seemed to be taking no damage (I was later able to kill it but after so much effort I felt cheated that I got virtually no reward; I was expecting $10,000 for so much time spent on it).

Playing the arena made me feel as though I was starting over.
    I guess no pro likes to feel this way.

I know that the correct attitude should be that if you just play it for a while you will dominate, etc., and then things will be back to normal like on every other arena.
    But inside that is just not how I felt.

In my case, there was the extra trouble related to the star rating, which, when combined with full servers, prevented me from joining any games below 300 ping.

If I had tons of options of servers to play, I may have just played Uncle Tullys Funland when it cycled in and eventually gotten over the I am starting over feeling, but really there is more to it than that.

The first time I played the game after the newest patch was on Uncle Tullys Funland.
    I played for a whole match, explored it, etc.
    Then turned off the game and I was just done with Monday Night Combat. It took a lot of prodding to get me back into the game after that from one of my friends.

The reason I am trying to describe this is not at all to whine but for 2 reasons:
    #1: I am personally trying to figure out what it was that killed it for me.
    #2: Other people left the game at the same time as I did, and probably for the same reason(s). If we can figure out what that reason is, it is probably good for Uber Entertainment to know what that reason is so they can either fix it or avoid it in the future.

For now, I cant quite place my finger on it, but I am sure it has something to do with the starting over feeling, even if just a little.
    It may not be something that impacts relatively new players. But the playerbase has gone down a decent bit and I think there is a connection. Since the latest patch, something is turning me off to this game, and I am just trying to put the feeling into words.

L. Spiro
  13. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

Complete opposite experience for me, new maps make me want to keep playing and learn new strategies, kill the chicken for team bacon, love it to bits.
  14. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

It's a game, if you get a weird feeling from a new map then you should get something checked out.
  15. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

This game has potential, but it missed its window of opportunity. If the game came out with 15 maps, unlockable skins and other achievement stuff, a map creator, and a well-hashed complete tutorial for each class...

We might be seeing higher numbers. But Uber is a small-staffed indie developer and all of that probably couldn't have happened. Right now there are two dangerous problems: New players can't get into the game and old players have little to work for.
  16. RARLiViD

RARLiViD New Member

It's almost like you guys have never played a cult classic before.

Games like this need a fantastic community so that new players that decide the join in get shown how fun and fast paced this game can really be. Games don't need mainstream success to be good. At least this game has at least 5-7 servers around my ping range with a lot of high level players able to keep me interested, I don't need more maps.
  17. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

I love this game, and wish 100,000 people played it. That's not such a bad thing to want.
  18. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

Reading comprehension is not really your strong point.
    Your trolling is getting old. Fast.

L. Spiro
  19. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

You said you got a feeling you couldn't describe, and then you imply that you usually could put your feelings into words, ergo you can deduce that it's a weird feeling.

Your whining is getting old. Fast.
  20. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Petty arguments on forums get old. Fast.

I know they're expected but seriously, can we stop this one before it get's out of hand?