Missing Replay?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jtibble, July 31, 2015.

1. jtibble

jtibble Active Member

Hi everyone,

I had a very exciting match an hour or two ago against username "muxl" but I don't see the replay in my replays list! I see the game just before that, with myself, muxl, and a player named "langecrew", but I don't see the 1v1 just afterwards. Any idea how/why this could have happened, and how to get the replay ID for it?

Thanks,
    John
  2. elodea

elodea Post Master General

This is a longstanding bug/issue. Unfortunately your replay is 'lost' forever if you cannot find it in your replays list. Whether its a UI issue or a server issue no-one really knows i think.

You should use pa stats next time to make sure you get a replay ID for every game you play (whether it will then work when you look it up though is another question).

*There is also a small possibility that your opponent is still watching the replay 2 hours later and never closed his game to allow the replay to save, but that seems unlikely
  3. jtibble

jtibble Active Member

Are you serious?! This was such an exciting game for me that I was going to ask @wpmarshall to cast it! @mkrater, I feel like this is a pretty upsetting scenario, especially for people like me that want to be able to go back and relive some of the better battles.
    elodea likes this.
  4. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

Why not just use this?
    http://www.pastats.com/download
  5. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

You might want to check the PA log for that session. It might contain a line like:
    Code:
    [07:41:01.463] INFO [JS/game] coui://ui/main/game/connect_to_game/connect_to_game.js:128: starting game with lo
    bby id: 6783911707506888327
    (I'm not sure if that only appears if you are the host or not, but worth trying.)
  6. jtibble

jtibble Active Member

I don't think average users should have to use any mods to make sure the game behaves as-expected and replays aren't mysteriously lost. If somehow there is an error, and the replay isn't saved, I would expect the game to at least warn the user and apologize for the inconvenience. But I do love PAMM and have reinstalled it on my new computer, so hopefully I'll still be able to recover replays in the future.
    andrehsu likes this.
  7. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

The unfortunate issue is when the Replay doesn't appear in the Replay list. For many who are able to find their Lobby ID, they can manually search for their match, but for those who did not capture the Lobby ID before the match, it is difficult to acquire later.
    @jtibble - if you are still interested in finding your Replay, email support@uberent.com and let us know when the game was and who you were playing with. Any information regarding length of game or what server it was on can also be helpful. I'll see if we can find the Lobby ID.
    andrehsu likes this.
  8. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

Wouldn't it be easier for the game to allow users to download the replay? How big is the average replay?
  9. jtibble

jtibble Active Member

Email sent, thanks! Do you know why this is happening, and is it happening to everybody? Is it on "the list" to get fixed in the future?
  10. jtibble

jtibble Active Member

By the way, I found the missing replay lobby id in the logs, so thanks for the info, @DeathByDenim !
    mkrater and DeathByDenim like this.