Missing icons, mining nodes, and landing zones. Stroboscopic graphical glitches

Discussion in 'Support!' started by rustymatter, December 29, 2017.

1. rustymatter

rustymatter New Member

Hi all, My laptop used to run PA: Titans just fine, until now.
    The unit icons, building icons, mining nodes and landing zones don't show. Sometimes graphical glitches flash in my screen, this depends on the match.

I've looked in the settings, and the 'show unit icons' option is on 'range dependent', and the 'show metal spot icons' is on 'always'. Regardless I restored all settings to default, to no avail.

I'm running an AMD Radeon R5 M230. I've installed the latest driver version: 16.300.2101.0

I've looked on this forum, reddit and the steam forum for similar threads. Fixes that are usually suggested are 'disable cinematic mode' or 'update your drivers'. These didn't work in my case. Can someone help me with my problem? Thank you in advance!
  2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

3. rustymatter

rustymatter New Member

If the root of the problem is that my drivers are out of date, I suppose I'm out of luck. AMD stopped updating the R5 M230 model.
  4. mikeyh

Follow that link and install the latest 17.12 driver for the AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics cards.
  5. rustymatter

rustymatter New Member

I tried installing the driver you send me, but halfway through the installation I received an error notifying me that the software is not compatible with my graphics card.

The driver I use is the latest version available for this graphics card.
  6. mikeyh

According to AMD version 17.2 is the latest driver for your card and others have those drivers installed.

Follow the recommended process for updating AMD drivers when you have issues: