Minor: Progressive reclaiming of wreckage

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by coldboot, August 23, 2012.

1. coldboot

coldboot Active Member

This is just a minor point, but in Total Annihilation it would take a really long time to reclaim a large piece of wreckage, after which you would be rewarded all of the metal at one discreet moment.

Could you make it continuous so you're gradually sucking the metal out of the wreckage and adding it to your economy?

You would also have to gradually remove the value from the wreckage, but you already knew that.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Just like in Supreme Commander :)
  3. thipp

thipp New Member

But I absolutely HATED SC's resource system. I'm a stockpiler, and my economy was godawful until lategame, by which I mean after the game ended because I had no units.
  4. felipec

felipec Active Member

It seems like a thing that will be defined while balancing the game.
  5. ghargoil

ghargoil New Member

I'd support progressive reclaiming of wreckage too, though, ideally if it's visually represented (maybe the wreckage has a slow-pulsy green glow... indicating nannites were eating away at it...)
  6. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

i thougt it was represented fine in sup com with the progress bar under the reclaimer.
  7. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

There are some things that Supcom undeniably did better, and I think that this is one of them.
  8. thygrrr

thygrrr Member

Yes, progressive reclaim is important.

I think I have some bad news for you. :cry:

A lot of the people (I daresay 95%) here want the flow based economy, because if you let go of the stockpiling mindset (which is economically not sensible because you have no return on investment on stuff stockpiled in your stores!) and kind of learn to ride and balance the flow, it feels at least as cool as real life surfing does.

Doesn't attract as many members of the opposite/appropriate sex, though. :cool:
  9. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Only applies after the stockpile has been made. ;P

Until he/she has a vast fortune, we're in with equal chance.
  10. thygrrr

thygrrr Member

Surfer dude always gets the chicks. :geek: