Minecraft

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by KemicalEnigma, April 2, 2011.

1. KemicalEnigma

KemicalEnigma New Member

Who here plays Minecraft? I only play Classic since I have no money and a pretty bad netbook. :cry:

Anyways, feel free to post any pictures of your creations, videos, servers, etc.
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I stopped playing multiplayer because of griefers. I was making every MNC bot off of the 8-bit Poster. I was only a few bots away from being done when I went away for a week and came back to a huge crater where my stuff was.

I haven't played SP in awhile though, probably since it went Beta. Yeah that's right I bought it during Alpha. :p :D
  3. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

I stopped playing a long time ago. Is Minecraft still a fad?
  4. arseface

arseface Post Master General

I fell out around then too. Was the Halloween update before or after it went alpha? I played for like a week or two after that.

SMP is best on servers your friends run though. Delving caverns and building skyscrapers is at least 20% cooler with friends.

My favorite thing in that game was always engineering. I loved coming up with new ways to do stuff. Playing with lava/water mechanics was the best. Making a castle out of a dirt frame, lava, and water was fun. Hallways, doors, rooms and stuff building themselves is an awesome sight.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/global/tournaments/standings/5
    I would say so.
  5. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I started playing after the Halloween update. Have been playing mostly singleplayer survival and recently some SMP.
  6. DeadStretch

Minecraft just had an update that released Wolfs, which you can capture and "train" to attack anything even yourself! I was watching a buddy play and he had a pack of 4 wolfs, nothing stood in his way.

See the thing is I was playing on a server that was hosting by a buddy but they just "whitlisted" a few bad apples or something.

In my SP world I have lots of mat. makers. Like water flowing down to lava to make mats. My favorite thing to do was the architecture type stuff. Like on the server I last played on I made and "managed" the Bank and Warehouse. I would build storage warehouses in all the major "towns" and "rent" rooms out to players on the server. I used the bank as a way to like set clear cut values for certain materials, like 64 sand is equal to 32 glass or whatever. Upon that I used to mine for days and build mines once I found lava. When I did find lava i also found a way to route water in.

Man all this talk is making me want to go play again. lol
  7. Col_Jessep

The Wolfs are cute and useful. Now I only have to hit a mob once and then pick up the goodies. I hope they fix beds and spawn points soon.
  8. Mrsubguy

Mrsubguy New Member

I still play, i think im the reason why you made this thread whatever, I play single player alot more than multi player just because people are dikes. Though its hard to say that creepers arn't bigger ones :D
    Also here's a picture of my favorite world that i've made so far
    [​IMG]
  9. lolcat

lolcat New Member

I play on a cracked version... don't bother buying :p
  10. Mrsubguy

Mrsubguy New Member

I guess if you don't like it that much, though it is only around 10 dollars and I think that the creator Notch deserves it, i mean he does everything by himself and he still updates the game which i think is amazingly nice of him
  11. KemicalEnigma

KemicalEnigma New Member

DID everything by himself. He made a company now, Mojang.
  12. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

Now he's a kazillionaire.
  13. Mrsubguy

Mrsubguy New Member

Kemical just fyi he is mojang im dont think anyone else is working but i might be wrong
  14. KemicalEnigma

KemicalEnigma New Member

15. Col_Jessep

I think they are 6 people now or something. Only two of them work on Minecraft though, Notch and Jeb.
  16. arseface

arseface Post Master General

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/1121596044/how-piracy-works
    I'll just put this here. I started with a cracked version and bought the game eventually. If I hadn't had a chance to play it I never would have bought it. I also wouldn't have showed my friends. Notch got like 10 sales off this pirate.
  17. desertfalcon

desertfalcon Active Member

I need your help minecraft people!!! I want to play this game and I have downloaded beta 1.3 or something for XP and I try and play it and I login and I cant play offline because I cant click the button and underneath it, it says "Not Downloaded"? any solutions?
  18. Col_Jessep

19. DeadStretch

I too started on a cracked version. I did buy it when it was dirt cheap though. :D
  20. KemicalEnigma

KemicalEnigma New Member

I downloaded a cracked version and tried playing it, but I get about 4 - 5 FPS when I'm lucky. Now I feel like a **** for downloading the cracked version if I'm not gonna buy it. :cry: