Mexican or Itallian food?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by mikl, November 21, 2010.

?

Mexican or Italian food

1. Mexican

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. Italian

13 vote(s)
    61.9%
  1. mikl

mikl New Member

Whats your favorite?
  2. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Itallian food FTW!
  3. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

FFFFF- I'm the only person to vote Mexican! D:
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

What? No potatoes for the Irish folk?
  5. Cardboardwarior

Cardboardwarior New Member

Don't feel too bad, Stretch. As a Canadian I was distraught when Kraft Dinner wasn't an option. Though I'm more dissapointed Newfoundland cuisine is never considered in these things. Hating on Vienna sausages and toutins...
  6. mikl

mikl New Member

**** forgot the irish :x
  7. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

chinese... tho id vote for italian if you let me eat it with chopsticks :roll:
  8. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

I cannot vote, as you did not include a 'both' option.
  9. mikl

mikl New Member

So Italian food is wining
  10. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

If you think Mexican is Taco Bell or Hacienda, you're a sad sad panda and you don't even know it.

Authentic Mexican is AMAZING.
  11. mikl

mikl New Member

Ya i know i once spent a couple of years in Mexico helping their police force and i ate the authentic food ALL THE TIME. I was in heaven :D :D :D
  12. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

I wish there was option for both, but sorry Mexican... Italian has Pizza.
  13. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

I love quesadillas - I lived off them in an old hippy's restaurant in Portugal when I went surfing there one summer. Fun times. However, pasta and pizza are staples for me, so I had to pick Italian. Us Europeans are so cool.
  14. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

Authentic Mexican is amazing and I like it more than Italian personally. Maybe it's that tiny bit of Mexican blood declaring pride or something :lol:
  15. sensitivepsycho

No doubt while playing in a mariachi band and adjusting its sombrero.

I agree with Dead Stretch - where's my feckin' bacon and cabbage? Or potato cakes? Or cod and chips? Or soda bread? Or potato and leek soup? Or stew?

Now I'm hungry.
  16. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

Hey now! You don't see me complaining that fish and rice isn't on here for us Asians xD And bacon and cabbage..? Are you saying you eat like... Bacon wrapped in cabbage or something..? Some of my relatives are like Irish and I still don't get Irish food xD Maybe if I was part Irish I'd understand the love of potatoes too... xD (I used a LOT of elipses here xD)
  17. sensitivepsycho

Potatoes are one of the most versatile vegetables going. I'm going to go a bit "Bubba from Forrest Gump" now. You've got chips, crisps, baked potatoes with cheese and bacon, new potatoes with rosemary and sea salt, garlic baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, potato cakes, potato soup and - most importantly - Beartato:

[​IMG]

I loves me a stir fry, or sushi. Or Singapore noodles. You're only hardcore when you can open your store cupboard and find oyster sauce and four different types of noodle.*

And bacon and cabbage is a boiled side of back bacon with boiled cabbage. It's really difficult to do correctly, as the cabbage needs to be very high quality and the pork can lose all its flavour if you're not careful. Potato cakes are absolutely beautiful, you have them as part of a healthy and nutritious** breakfast, along with rashers, sausages, black and white pudding, fried mushrooms, Heinz ketchup and a fried egg.

What does Asian cuisine have as a breakfast meal?

*Instant ramen doesn't count, you broke-*** person.

**I lied. It's like 90% grease. But it's great fuel for giving out about the Taoiseach and the weather - two traditional Irish pastimes.
  18. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

My goodness! I assume you must cook a lot because you just made potatoes appetizing to even me! It's known amoung my family that I am anti-potato, so like, WOW. Now I want to try some of this stuff that you listed... I applaud you!

And we have fish and rice! The meals aren't seperated quite like Europeans have it. Rice is good at every meal, and you don't need to eat a certain food in the morning for breakfast, you just eat normally. Honestly if I don't have rice (or Asian noodle) once a day I feel sad :( I'm Korean, so for me it's rice and kimchi really, don't always need meat, even though I like meat more than plant stuff. Personally, I love kimchi fried rice or babimbap and will eat those any time of the day, even midnight! Dunno how to describe certain Korean foods though because in words, some of it sounds gross I bet xD
  19. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

I love going to school wearing my dads old real-deal sombrero when were going to eat tacos. Dance around and shake those maracas. Mexican food.
  20. sensitivepsycho

Food is brilliant, one of the greatest simple pleasures. My mam is dead against the stereotypical mollycoddling Irish mother, so I had to learn how to iron, cook, clean and wash my own dirty clothes pretty quickly!

I wont make the standard dog-eating joke, because I am far above that. Babimbap sounds like a children's TV show with anthropomorphic tye-dye animals.

Talking about food is much better than studying.

I love you.