Metal spots should be more!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by dailymuppet, November 27, 2013.

1. dailymuppet

dailymuppet New Member

what i mean is that instead it to be all over the planet, it should be those like a hole full of them in one place for example:

This is metal=8

Instead for this: 8 8 It's like this: 8 8 8 8 8 You get me?:) Please like this thread!:rolleyes::D;)
    8 8 8 8
    8 8
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I'm having a bit of a hard time grasping what you mean here, do you mean you want metal to be clumped together more?

Mike
  3. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Uber have confirmed that you can alter metal density in the far and distant future.
  4. kuramafox

kuramafox New Member

I do agree that they should be more clumped. But if we will indeed have the option to vary it later, that solves that.
  5. ledarsi

ledarsi Post Master General

I actually think PA would benefit from smaller mex spots spread over more of the planet, with variable density. A "metal rich" area would simply have more spots, while a metal poor one would have fewer.
  6. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I see you're new here, and welcome.

You should do a search before posting in accordance with forum rules.

This has been discussed before in great detail. A lot of people have differing opinions on metal distribution. Some say less. Some say more. Some like as is.

Yesterday's patch should have helped with metal distribution a lot – I haven't tried it yet though.

In the future, there will be a slider so you can have less or more metal.
  7. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

In alpha, the planet used to be covered in "buckshot" metal pockets, where they were like this:
    8__8
    _8__
    8__8

And they used to be everywhere:

8__8 ____ 8 __8__ 8__8___ 8__8 ____8_8
    _8________ 8 _____ 8______ 8______ 8
    8__8 ____ 8 __8___ 8__8___ 8__8 ___8_8

getting 20 in a small area was common. You get 1/3rd of that now, which is better than before because you had TOO MUCH metal before and now you have enough to build but you run out often which limits you and makes you choose what you build better.

However, that balance will be improved later for "default" settings, and custom settings to have as much metal as in "alpha" will be possible, as far as having either "single" "triple" or "buckshot" pattern metal deposits, and as far as them being everywhere or far apart.

I think by default, it is almost good right now. Maybe make t1 metal produce a bit more metal per spot, and make t2 not produce any more than it currently does so the gap between them is smaller.