Metal Planets

Discussion in 'Support!' started by teezyr, July 20, 2013.

1. teezyr

teezyr New Member

Hey, i searched but didn't find this in its own topic, so if i missed it.. sorry!

re Game in general - AWESOME concept and the alpha is pretty sharp. I understand what goes into these things and i am just blown away by whats been accomplished in so few months. Cant wait to see the end result. Watched the trailer about 23 times so far, and will likely watch it again.

Anyway.

In the latest alpha i seen the Metal planet and noticed it had metal spots. I had originally (wrongly) assumed this would be just a giant resource planet, so if there was 1 in the solar system it would be an important point of conflict as it would assist in generating a larger army since it would literally become a military base. I understand that having it all usable with metal extractors all over it might be silly, so was thinking maybe it could be something like 35% of the surface area can be used for extractors. There is no indicator for this, the option to add more just simply cant occur at a certain point in the game. When some get destroyed which will be inevitable, then more can be added. Its likely they will be built in large clusters anyway so an attack can wipe out many and start to hinder the army's advancement.. kinda maybe like star wars type of thing......

If that's too impossible to regulate, then perhaps each metal point can offer 500% the typical resource collection because of it being on the metal planet.

Anyway just thoughts, maybe they where discussed but i missed it.
  2. shandlar

shandlar Member

This is an extremely early planet builder. They also only recently figured out how to distribute metal spots somewhat evenly over the alpha planets.

When they get the algorithm to place.metal points morw locked.in and the planer creator more complete then metal planets may be coded as a special case in the builder. Right now its acting like just another biome.

Too early to read into this either way. They may still have metal planeta be freely placed extractors.

They could balance it by limiting the size to say 500 meters.
  3. teezyr

teezyr New Member

yeah makes sense