Metal Makers?

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by Zenotheory, August 20, 2015.

1. Zenotheory

Zenotheory Member

I know the Jig is a classic example and I reckon it should be one, or make a new structure instead which convert about 750 energy into 3 metal per sec and have it T1?
  2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

My only issue with this is that in PA, we are 99% of the time *energy restricted* rather than metal. Metal makes would only make that worse imo.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  3. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Uber more energy less metal pls. ;-;
  4. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

There was a servermod that added metalmakers. I think it makes sense as a mod not for inclusion in vanilla.
    cdrkf likes this.
  5. Zenotheory

Zenotheory Member

I am always the other way around metal restricted but ton of energy.
  6. paleoludic

paleoludic Uber Alumni

Yeah, once you get to the point where a metal maker is relevant, someone should be blowing someone else up decisively and something else in the balance has gone egg shaped. Even jigs are basically just there as an orbital gambit or a way to squeeze out of a deadlock since they're pretty vulnerable to an alert opponent, and their death-nuke is meant to limit the number you can defend reliably (although right now it's actually making it hard to take them down with an orbital invasion -- we're looking at that.)
    squishypon3, stuart98 and nateious like this.
  7. nateious

nateious Active Member

I know that this was a bit of a problem in original PA, if I sent in all my fighters at once, they 'd all take damage from the jig explosion, instead it was better to send in small groups. I haven't gotten to try the new orbital units yet, do Omegas out range the jig explosion? I would imagine if so that the new way to deal with jig farms would be to use Omegas, possibly sending a first wave of avengers to clear out a spot (by blowing up a few jigs)