MCxShammas' General Gameplay Tips

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by Shammas, October 12, 2010.

1. Shammas

Shammas New Member

This is basically a list of things that newer or average players might not be aware of or might not always use. Some are gameplay mechanics or knowledge, and some are tips on what to do in certain situations. I'll be updating this very frequently, feel free to post anything I left out and I'll add it in.

Gameplay Mechanics-
    -The annihilator is ready at 12:06.
    -The 1st Jackbot wave always spawns after bullseye goes away.
    -The 2nd Jackbot wave spawns in conjunction with the 2nd annihilator if the 1st one is pressed almost immediately.
    -The sniper rifle and rail gun do the most damage to the moneyball.
    -The tank's jet gun does more damage if the enemy is closer to the barrel; the same goes for bots and turrets.
    -The tank can gain an instant health recovery by upgrading its passive skill; this also works for support when upgraded to lvl 3.
    -The gunner gets an instant reload/full minigun clip upon upgrading to passive 3.
    -The tank can perform a long jump by charging off an elevated surface and jetpacking in midair.
    -Using the melee against black jacks and jackbots is an easy way to get juice quickly.
    -Grappling or using any type of stun move is the easiest way to slow down or stop a juiced player.
    -Sniper's traps can be destroyed by the gunner's mortar, the tank's lvl 3 product grenade, and the support's air strike.
    -The support's hack can be interrupted by a grapple or any attack with knockback (assault bomb, gunner slam, charge move, etc.)
    -The gunner and sniper can perform a "double grapple" by performing their LT grapple with the sniper or SMG followed by a red skill grapple. Credit to xEnForc3R
    -The gunner and tank gain juice if shot at while deployed.
    -The tank can get juice in about 2 minutes by deploying and shooting a lvl 3 product grenade at himself.
    -If no one from the opposing team is on the ground level of the map and gremlins are spawned, they will destroy all enemy turrets, and then drop the money ball.
    -Shooting shurikens out of lvl 3 cloak results in automatic criticals.
    -When slamming with the gunner, if you drop from higher up, it does more damage.
    -The gunner's slam and assault's jet pack will cancel your flight path from a jump pad.
    -On Steel Peel, buy 1 skill and upgrade the jump pad out of your spawn, then upgrade your 2nd skill with the $50 bonus. This eliminates stupid players standing still on the jump pad waiting for the $50 to activate it.
    -The assault can use the knock-back from his own bombs as a form of mobility.

Gameplay Tips-
    -As an assassin, if you are behind someone and sneaking up, turn off your cloak.
    -Don't chase everyone that you damage, it usually ends up with you getting baited into a trap.
    -Always keep track of the annihilator and have the money to hit it when it spawns.
    -Don't try to win a bad class matchup head on. (Assassin vs tank, gunner vs sniper) Hit them when they're weak or try to catch them by surprise.
    -Bunny hopping makes you easier to hit (if the other player is smart).
    -Don't try to chase or fight someone when you are half health.
    -For every class but the sniper, your secondary weapon is more effective against the moneyball.
    -Place your firebase where it can kill bots, won't be seen by enemy players, and won't get airstriked.
    -Assassins, don't run straight at your enemy, you're not invincible.
    Last edited: October 13, 2010
  2. Manouso

Manouso New Member

Assault bomb can also detonate sniper traps.

The sniper's double grapple kills a full health jackbot

Tank juice thing is kinda shady, but all in all this is about 20 threads in one. Should help new players.
  3. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

What do you mean the Assassin isn't invincible? When I turn on my cloak aren't I completely invisible as well as impervious to damage?

^^What most Assassins seem to think
  4. Bulletr0k

Bulletr0k New Member

Level 3 cloak with Shurikens will have automatic criticals, which is good for taking out turrets or deployed pros.
    Throw airstrikes under bridges on Steel Peel to kill off teams who try to lock you in.
    Ejectors can kill Assasins in yellow health, and one-shot Firebases (Might not kill L3 overhealed, but everything else).
  5. quidmonkey

quidmonkey New Member

How do you shoot yourself?
  6. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

Bank it off a wall so it comes to rest next to you, hitting you with the initial damage and resulting clusterbombs.
  7. Greggyyyy

Greggyyyy New Member

You forgot to add 'get host' to the tips section! ;)
  8. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Host barely has any advantage. The reason you kept getting railed is because you'd run out in the open bunny hopping in a straight line expecting not to get hit because I guess you've never played against someone who can aim or is smart.
  9. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

10. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

Okay...come on. The difference between host and non-host is significant in pretty much every P2P game I've ever played.

My "accuracy" with the rail gun probably goes from 60% to 80-90% or so when I pull host. (fudge the numbers however you want, you get the point)

I never have issues catching people on fire instantly with the jet gun (when I'm host).

Never have issues grappling people as the assassin (when I'm host).

Never have product grenades that "hit" people do zero damage and not blind them (when I'm host).

The list goes on...

Pretty much every player who pulls host in our parties knows the "power" it grants.

I get that the context of your post was more of a personal exchange with Greg, but that kind of statement in regards to this game is extremely silly.

Question: Does MNC competitive play take host advantage into account and force host swaps (or even better, neutral hosting?) between teams every game?
  11. Shammas

Shammas New Member

When there is someone with a good enough connection hosting, it doesn't matter. When my friend in Wisconsin hosts it feels like I have no lag, and I'm in Massachusetts. The only reason I host for my team in serious matches is because no one complains about the connection, I even remember asking when we played the team Greggy subbed for. They all said it was great and didn't have problems. I remember Greggy making some bad decisions during those games like running out in the open on steel peel. And in competitive play, the lower ranked team hosts the first map and the higher ranked team hosts the 2nd and 3rd. At any time before the match, the other team may request a lag test and may change the host if they feel it's unsuitable.
  12. HellBanger

HellBanger New Member

Upgrading the assassins cloak causes her to turn invisible faster with each upgrade.

Attacking bots from behind does more dammage than from the front as an assassin and headshots do more dammage to bots with the sniper rifle.

If the jackbot is standing on a higher ground than you and it slams, it will still hit you if you cant jump over the shockwave. I think the same goes for the gunner, but Im not sure.

Standing directly behind people with jetpacks (assault, tank, gunner) is hazzardus for your health.

The supports shotgun will pwn the crap out of anybody that gets too close, including the tank.

You can switch your wepon during a grapple animation.
  13. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

I agree that if someone has a really good connection the host advantage is nullified. However I have heard people complaining about you specifically always hosting during private matches in game chat.
  14. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

I'm fine with this statement, much more so than "host barely matters." (Its to the point where I've started asking NOT to pull host in our pubs because I don't want to become used to it. Host advantage feels like i'm on steroids in MNC.)
  15. Greggyyyy

Greggyyyy New Member

Aha. Well then. I assure you, sir, that I've played with/against players far better than yourself. I told you specifically in the last game that I played with you that I do not consider you a bad player, but your rail gun shots LITERALLY killed me after I had rounded corners.

As for attacking my play style? Never do I hop in a straight line.. Especially against a class matchup like that at a long range. So, if you'd like to get personal, we could start with how you ALWAYS host with your team of butt buddies and invite randoms so y'all can feel good about yourselves.. Unless of course I invite ONE of my friends and we end up steam rolling you on steel peel.

And how does a tank not push at all? I've never met someone who will so diligently camp the mid-range of the map with a class that has so much pushing power.

I truly can not wait to actually form a team so you and your silly batch of goons can be put in your place. :] (and regarding this, do you boys/girls actually have a gamebattles team, or does your definition of competitive play consist of something that involves not playing actual 'teams' and doing so in a way that can't be tracked?)

EDIT: Do, please, note that I have a life / job, and I won't likely be on today. Don't take my lack of response as a sign that I have seen the light after your inevitable 'AMAGAWD EVRY1 IS SO JELUZ UF ME L0LLLLL.' post.
  16. Shammas

Shammas New Member

I find it funny that people talk about me behind my back, try to claim they are good after I beat them, and make up excuses when I did literally nothing to try and provoke them. If that isn't flattery in its highest form, I don't know what is. I look forward to playing your team though Greggy, and anyone else who wants to send us a challenge.
  17. Greggyyyy

Greggyyyy New Member

kay. now that you've made your 'i'm oh so cool' post, perhaps we could address some issues that you blatantly ignored.

1] you did provoke me .. by commenting on my play style like you did. i honestly wish there was more to say about yours .. it wasn't significant enough to remember. RG from the middle. all day.

2] i've said nothing 'behind your back' that i haven't said to your 'face'. internets ftw.

3] you forgot to answer my question. do you all have a GB team, or do you play in an environment that allows you win all sorts of matches .. but have nothing tracked?
  18. HellBanger

HellBanger New Member

Most importantly find a team to play with. It seems like no matter how good you are at the game, without a party your mostlikly going to get smashed without a team of people with common sense. :cry:
  19. Shammas

Shammas New Member

I never provoked you. I'm talking about the 5 posts you made about me being bad without host before I ever even replied to you. During our matches, I said good game every time. We are on GB but the ladder isn't that active, which is why we've been trying to get people into the competitive side of this game. If Uber hosts another tournament, you can sure as hell bet that we'll be at the top.

As for talking behind my back, I was talking about UberGunner. He said that people talk about my host in his lobbies, but I've never even seen him. Unless he plays under some other name.
  20. V A L K 3 N

V A L K 3 N New Member

Funny. Yes, host has quite an advantage. It's host. There's really no logical way to argue otherwise.