Matchmaking

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by broncoburns, July 1, 2010.

1. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

I understand that we can expect a matchmaking experience much like most other online multiplayer games, but I would just like to clarify a couple things.

1) I know the max for Crossfire is 6v6, but what is the minimum number of players required to start a match?
    2) If half of a team quits will it remain 6v3 for the rest of the game?
    3) If there are less than 6 players on a team, will the flow of robots be slowed so they are not at a disadvantage?
    4) How does the matchmaking keep teams balanced? Does it utilize TrueSkill or go by lifetime earnings?
    5) Is there host migration?

Any answers would be appreciated!

*Note: At the time of posting, this topic will make it so I now have the 8 most recent posts, in seperate threads, in this forum.
  2. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

For this style of game, I think it should be similar to Halo 3 in terms of if someone leaves, then no one new can rejoin. I guess they could make it so that if a person leaves, a new player could join with all the cash that the quiting player had earned throughout his time there.

But, if they do have it setup to where no one can fill the empty space then the bots and turrets of the team with less players should get buffs to compensate for the disadvantage. Likewise I think the shield of the Moneyball should be able to withstand x% more damage per player that has left.
  3. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Currently 8.

People can join in progress so hopefully it will fill back in with new players.

No.

Truskill.

Yes.
  4. Sengoku no Maou

Sengoku no Maou New Member

Host migration is the biggest plus.
  5. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

Thank you neutrino for answering all of my questions! It was all I could have ever asked for, and more! A lot of AAA titles don't even feature host migration and players joining a game in progress is also a good deal!

Again, thank you!
  6. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

I'm more concerned about if I'm able to find a match or not because of my NAT settings. I mean, for some games it's fine but games like Red Dead Redemption and Modern Warfare 2, I'm hardly able to find matches. :(
  7. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

You should change your settings then, Your router/modem should have a guide on how to do it either in the manual or on their website.
  8. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

I've tried EVERY thing and nothing works. I'm not even calling BT up again.
  9. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Oh, the whole 9 yards. Host migration, players joining in progress, auto-matchmaking... Really nice!
  10. Sengoku no Maou

Sengoku no Maou New Member

Will the game support party lobbies? I ask because playing Blacklight really made me miss this feature.
  11. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

this.
  12. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

You can invite friends to be part of your Xbox Live Party of six, start a Crossfire match and the game will keep the party together on one team. There's also Private Match, which is all invite only and no matchmaking. So if you and 11 of your friends want to play together, do Private Match. And yes we support Party chat, in game chat, etc.
  13. Stroodlez

Stroodlez New Member

so you won't force us to go to in-game chat *cough* modern warfare 2 *cough*
  14. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

I understand why they turned off party chat but that won't be the case with MNC.
  15. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

If the people playing are anything like our community, you wont WANT party chat active. You can bullshit with people and they wont take it personally. Also, I want to be able to laugh at Scathis and the group when me, Justin, Jessup, and others win on day #1.
  16. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

Yes! they need to have a "Day One: Day With the Devs". And then every Monday night they have a Gaming with the devs night.
  17. Stroodlez

Stroodlez New Member

i can see why in this game you wouldn't want party chat, but in MW2 every1 just smack talks and makes fun of every1. and im not talking like fooling around i mean like some racial comments and some really mean things... makes me cry :cry:
  18. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

Ahh how can you resist making fun of an eight year old talking to their mom on the phone "Oh don't forget milk, ok bye I love you mommy!"

This seriously happened to me the other day, it was hilarious.
  19. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

I'm pretty certain nobody will talk like that when we play Monday Night Combat, I'm sure of it.
  20. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

It's a double edged blade. We want a solid fanbase, a good community, and enough players to enjoy the game and make Uber a successful company (because we want more games), but at the same time we want to pick and choose the best players to play with.

There WILL be douches in the games we play (hell, I'll be there!), but if you can ignore or mute them, it'll make it better.

Is there friendly-fire? Because that will make it harder to ignore said douches.