Matchmaking seems broken

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by Aviados, August 14, 2010.

1. Aviados

Aviados New Member

Been playing the game non stop and loving every minute!
    Thing is most of the time I'm playing with one of my buddies and we've both leveled up quit a bit (ie over 40) .

One thing I've noticed is that for some reason we've been paired with guys on roughly the same levels while the other team would consist of mostly lower level player ie-

Lets say we got in the lobby
    3 lv40 players
    3 lv30 players
    4 lv20 players
    2 lv10 players

90% of the times all the higher level player will be on the same team leading to some extremely unbalanced matches and very short matches.

I've just finished a game with a 36-18-0 score and 3 matches that ended in under 5 min...

Now I was wondering if it's just my luck so far or any other guys have noticed the game tends to pair higher level players on the same team???
  2. ABAGOFWETSAND

ABAGOFWETSAND New Member

Non-issue.
    Move along.

;)

But, I agree, that is a bit of an issue. The algorithm to which matchmaking is formed needs a bit of tweaking.
  3. Styli

Styli New Member

Yep. Had a match tonight which had all sub-10s versus a team of all over 20 at least. I was a sub-10 at the time.

But still had a great time. The game is so much fun even when you're losing.

But the algorithms do need looking at, yes.
  4. Nayr

Nayr New Member

Yep I go in with a party of 5 or 6 usually, most of us ranked pretty high and we always get mixed ranks. Maybe an occasional 30 or 40 but mostly low ranks.

That and the constant dropping of the room where we have to reform the party again and search is also annoying.
  5. joshdale

joshdale New Member

Yeah, played some this morning and faced peeps 20-30 lvls higher than me...every single one of them. I know statistically it's difficult to match up perfectly with your lvl when the sample size is not that large. I guess I'm gonna have to play when more and more peeps get on instead of 7AM CDT :D
  6. Kyou Kizu

Kyou Kizu New Member

Level 65, and I noticed getting high level teammates too. Well, it could be because the higher level people are in a party..? o_O