Matching unit speeds in groups

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jonasmod, January 10, 2014.

1. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

Hey!

I've gathered a couple of armies over a couple of games, and like to mix different sorts of units, and make them move in squads. Usually i want more than one sort of unit in the squads, and they often move at different speeds.

Is there any particular reason not to implement some form of "group movement speed", so that an attacking group of different sorts of units would stick together at the speed of the slowest kind?
    carlorizzante and stormingkiwi like this.
  2. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

I would imagine that when formations are implemented this will be an included feature. I tend to believe that any feature that was in SupCom will eventually appear in PA, and SupCom formations did this.
  3. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

please, we must have this.
  4. rmbruntz

rmbruntz New Member

Or better yet, a control like "move" or "patrol" that does this. And then an option to set it to default.
  5. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

I'm also expecting units in the same group to keep the same pace. Indeed, armies may be even smarter. If it's possible. Perhaps it is.

Like, when you put tanks and mobile artillery together, you may want to absorb the impact with the tanks, and have the artillery as support, well behind.

If you have groups of units that open up in formation, they may assume the most reasonable asset.

Now, someone would say, what if I want to do differently than the default? Well, I don't know. But there is always the possibility to micro manage units on the field.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  6. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Yeah. This'll probably be added along with formations, which are in the works.
    rmbruntz likes this.