Make juice harder to get.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Miracle, March 9, 2011.

1. Miracle

Miracle New Member

I find it incredibly stupid it play with people who can only get kills with juice.
  2. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

Its already hard enough to get.

The perfect solution would be to decrease the length of juice. It should last maybe half as long. Just enough to kill one turret, get out of a tight spot, or kill a couple clumped up opposing pros.
  3. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

Well, Juice's balance is fine in my mind, but there you go.
  4. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

You ever try to kill a 3.3 overhealed RockIt as anything other than Gunner with Juice? You need all of that time just to not get pummeled to a juicy pulp by those rockets.
  5. vI Snack Iv

vI Snack Iv New Member

Seriously, I know I was garbage in the private games but that doesn't change the fact that ownerz amd Chaos only bought juice and couldn't do **** without it.
  6. F5in

F5in New Member

Disable buying juice.
  7. Miracle

Miracle New Member

thats what i was talking about.
  8. th3cozy

th3cozy New Member

I've been saying that since the game came out, I don't understand why it's in the game.
  9. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

Juice is an implemented feature the developers want in their game.

Telling UberEnt to simply remove it? Impossible.

The best thing the users can do is provide alternative measure to balance the juice, which is a ridiculous idea itself.

Some ideas that may be favorable may include:

1. Remove becoming fully healed when juice is activated
    2. Shorten the juice length
    3. Juice is obtained only through juice pick-ups and gunfire

And lastly, melee gives no juice.

A few simple changes can easily make the juice be part of the game and compromise with the developer's design for their game.

Amen.
  10. vI Snack Iv

vI Snack Iv New Member

Yeah, I know. I wanted to make sure uber knew the exact problem.

I agree. It's stupid.
  11. Totally Not Grec

Totally Not Grec New Member

It are is stupid only noobs use it to get kills
  12. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

A) Private Matches/Server Options already allow the buying of juice to be turned off.

B) Removing the option to buy juice from the entire game will break it.

C) Increasing the price of juice could help solve the problem.
  13. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

We have servers with juice buying disabled on the PC and they make for horrible turtle matches. What happens when you can't buy juice? All the money goes into turrets and you are soon looking at a forest of 3.3 RockIts...
  14. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

15. AARPS

AARPS New Member

*the sound of a needle dropping*

Yeah I say limit the amount of times you can pop juice in a match. You only get to juice 3-4 times, enough to use it but not abuse it. At least a decline in length of its effects with each use over 3. By the time you juice the 8th time it only lasts 4 seconds - just like Pacman does with the power pills.

and/or make the recharge rate of the dispensers ~4 mins each.
  16. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

The game will be ruined if juice machines are disabled.
  17. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

That's pretty awesome actually.
  18. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

I already do this after I'm fully upgraded on skills. I'm passive by nature, and I find that turrets are a good investment for me. My team lacks turrets that can take a beating? I buy and upgrade RockIts and ShaveIce. Are we putting steady pressure on both lanes and don't have much use for short range turrets? I buy and upgrade Longshots to suppress enemy bots, and to locate potential flankers. Is my team in desperate need of defense when I'm not a Support, Gunner, or Tank? Hi there LazerBlazers.

However, I am against any nerfs to the strengths of Juice. Why? How else would anyone crack open a turtle's shell in a timely manner? Shorter Juice duration means that any class that isn't a Gunner or armored Assassin won't have a chance to take out a hardened defense. Doing anything else to the Juice machines will just discourage aggressive players that can destroy my playstyle. Building Juice via melee is fine, as in order to do so, the player must put themselves in harm's way, exposing their position to alert enemies.

Other than the impending nerf to Juice gain Pros can earn from enemy LazerBlazers, I really don't think Juice needs any tweaking. My playstyle evolved from the early days of the game where Juice-chaining was common, and I developed many ways to counter Juiced enemies that didn't involve using Juice myself. Among my various options include grappling from behind, Charge skills to knock them away from their intended target, Ice Traps, ShaveIce, Deployed Gunner fire, Assault Bombs, Support Airstrikes, Gunner Grapple, Gunner Slam, Sniper Grapple, Tank Railgun Grapple, and Ejectors. Then of course is good old-fashioned teamwork. Juice already has a lot for it and a lot against it. The problem is that players simply don't attempt the means against it in appropriate situations.
  19. Mr Dillon

Mr Dillon New Member

Make it so every time you buy juice it becomes $250 dollars more expensice for you compared to everyone else. so $500 $750 $1000. also make it so you cant melee bots for juice, i see assaults doing it all the time.
  20. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

Remove juice.
    Reduce level 3 turret armour so that teams can break the turtle.
    Buff assassins slightly so they can actually assassinate people and aren't relegated to bot/turret killers.

I'd much rather play that game than the juice-heavy game we're playing now. The classes are so nicely balanced. Juice just throws a big glowing spanner in the works. Plus it generally benefits the winning team who don't need the help. This game already promotes spawn camping by placing the money ball right outside the spawn area. Juice offers the winning team members immunity and a bunch of free kills.

If the devs absolutely must have juice in the game, why not make it a bacon-style pickup that drops a bit more regularly and gives you a full juice bar?

Plus juice chaining makes WinterKnight X send me hate mail :( I promise to never juice chain against you again, Mr X. Honest. *uncrosses fingers*