Main Issue with Game

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by SQLOwns, January 29, 2011.

1. SQLOwns

SQLOwns New Member

I'm going to try to be as objective as possible, I'm only level 21, but I feel this is so obvious this has to be the devs first game to make this big of a balance mistake. The assassins are way OP. Now before I get flamed let me explain. I'm not saying the assassins need a damage nerf or shorter cloak or anything like that as much as they just need to be reworked into the game, I just got pub stomped in a game that I went 10-15-17. I was a gunner, all but 2 of my deaths were from assassins. My biggest complaint is, its not a matter of skill. There was absolutely nothing I could do to stop the kill. I was surround by 2 rocket turrets, fodder, and was actively looking for assassins. They simply stayed behind me from afar, then dashed in cloaked for the 1 hit kill. Now the assassin does have to have some skill to pull this off, but what I hate is that it doesn't matter how good I am, I'm dead instantly, unblockable, undodgeable, dead. I can think of no other game like this. Oh well, I'm off my soap box, other than that, I don't really have any major issues with the game..........Just fix the damn assassins.
  2. sTicky

sTicky New Member

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

that is all
  3. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

This. Times Thirty.
  4. SQLOwns

SQLOwns New Member

Never heard a hum. Hax?
  5. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Not every class can outplay other classes. Have you tried playing Tank against an Assassin or an Assault?
  6. BulletMagnet

Quick, someone find SQLOwns that YouTube video of the Assassin's cloak. Stat!
  7. BulletMagnet

8. PKC

PKC New Member

as Ekanaut said, the pros dont need to be perfectly balanced against each other. its a team game decided by much more than just killing pros.

think the assassins are fine after the recent nerf, and their OP'ness had nothing to do with their capacity to stab you in the back.
  9. Smaz

Smaz New Member

Any posts that have the word "assassin", "OP", "Nerf" and a numerous ammount of "QQ" should be immediatly removed.
    Far too many of these posts already.
  10. Providence

Providence New Member

There seems to be limit on how many sounds can play at same time because sometimes I can see the cloaked assassin and there's no hum. Also, friendly assassins should NOT hum.
  11. Lucky13

Lucky13 New Member

Actually I agree that friendly assassins shouldn't hum, they make me way paranoid.
  12. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

IF the assassin is overpowered, backstabs wouldn't even be the reason. There are plenty of moves that are just as powerful or stronger. Tank Lv3 charge and sniper headshots for example.
  13. G3722

G3722 Member

I think the mayor problem in this kind of topic is lack of appreciation on everything that happens before the backstab.

I'm not saying that all, but i'm willing to bet that most of the people who claim that the Assassin is OP just feel "cheaped" out by an instakill move because all they just see on their end is the Assassin backstabbing them.

Every time i read someone claiming that the Assassin is OP and that she constantly and easily destroys teams i make myself the same question. "Are they the ones destroying teams or are they just getting destroyed over and over again by an Assassin?"
  14. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

This. Within the last 2-3 weeks I've been hearing less humming going on and I know they aren't taking off the cloak before a backstab, and I don't believe they are lunge+grappling.

Another thing, why have sound on friendlies? I don't care if they are cloaked or not. :roll:
  15. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin New Member

Pretty much.

Everyone assume you just casually waltz up to somebody, press a button, VICTORY!

Actually landing a kill on a half decent player is a game in its own right, every time an assassin back grapples me I mentally tip my hat to him.

...unless he's one of 3 assassins zerg grappling people due to being god awful.
  16. BulletMagnet

Those are hilariously fun. ^_^

So many options to make them cry. Do I Blossom? What about Charge? Should I mix it up a bit by grappling one, charging another, then blossoming the third?
  17. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin New Member

I had a bunch of them trying it earlier, trap, flak, trap, dead assassins, on to uber streak achievement (at last!)
  18. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

Indeed.

@OP: As a Gunner there are a lot of things you can do to prevent Assassins finding you with their knife on your back:

- Jump, a lot. They can't grapple you if you're jumping, and the jetpack will set them on fire if they're behind you.
    - Look around. They can be spotted sometimes, either because they're within visible cloak distance, or because they're dashing and leave dust trails. If you spot them, get off the ground and start firing.
    - Listen to the loud hum. Seriously, you can listen to it rather easily if they're close.

Once you do spot them, you a minigun to tear through them, a one-hit-kill throw grapple to counter them, and a giant slam to push them across the map, potentially ring out.
  19. Lipucd

Lipucd New Member

I'll admit, I'll hear the glimmer and hum and turn around STUPID fast to then just spy my own team mate behind me and I'll be freaking the **** out shooting and slamming in their general direction.

Thought I think honestly this is OK as it stands. As it stands right now, my only issues is say the current limit of maps and I hope in the next month or so this gets fixed.
  20. SQLOwns

SQLOwns New Member

Wow, good thing I had my flameguard up. LOL all of you nubs coming to the defense of assassins are almost as sad as everyone calling for a nerf. Please re-read my post as I specifically said that they don't need a dmg nerf or anything like that. I said they need to be rebalanced overall. I also gave credit to the players saying I know it isn't easy to get behind someone to instakill them. I'm not calling you out specifically penguin, there were a number of people who posted something similar. For those 2 people that posted something constructive, I thank you. Oh well, what can I expect from a console port, than a bunch of kids with ADD who refuse to even think about what I posted. My fault.