Mac version has horrible frame rate and lag issues

Discussion in 'Mac and Linux' started by Glorysaber, March 24, 2015.

1. Glorysaber

Glorysaber New Member

Everybutiton in the game takes 1 second before it will recognize the mouse is over the button, Im at the lowest possible settings in a window 1/4th the size of the screen, 1 to 2 FPS. I get 30fps on any valve game on max graphics settings, I have a great CPU, WHY IS THE GAME RUNNING SO HORRIBLY! Its In its release stage, I backed it for the alpha version and have never been able to enjoy it. Many time the game ran great at high graphics but other issues caused the game to be unplayable or just play not fun, I was fine with it because of it being alpha, then beta... and now its 100% unplayable. I just erased everything on my computer and reinstalled the operating system... Is there something I can do to make it playable or wait for Uber (Who don't know jack about Linux or Mac apparently) to fix it.
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Wow, you have trouble on both Mac and Linux? Could you upload a PA log file here? Maybe it contains a clue as to what's going on for you. You can find those under:
    OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/log
    Linux: ~/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/log
    (Where ~ is you home-directory)

Which version of OS X do you use? 10.10? Which model Mac? And which Linux distro do you run?
    SXX likes this.
  3. enderdude

enderdude Member

you mentioned valve games, i used to have a mac, and the way i played PA was through the UBER launcher instead of steam. That helped boost the frame rates a bit, but i didnt get anything above 60 until i got a windows.
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

If you're really want to get appropriate answer share your hardware specs first.

Please copy and paste your system information in this topic:
    In Steam window -> top menu bar -> click "Help" -> click "System Information"

You mean above 60FPS? Pretty sure it's capped at 60 by enabled VSync so it's pretty normal.
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I can't comment for mac but the linux and windows versions run at same speed on my hardware which is pretty well since I fixed the cooling on my rig :p

For reference I'm running an fx 8320, 8gb ddr3 ram and a 3gb r9 280 gpu so it's not a bad machine.